iPod Help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

iPod Help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby baseball6791 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:34 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:
baseball6791 wrote:
MMoNeY24 wrote:i have a 20 gig with about 2,000 songs on it and it's been working pretty well on itunes and everything other than it's crappy battery life.

i'll literally listen to it for like 15 minutes, turn it off, and put it back on like 5 minutes later and there'll be a good chunk of battery missing. when it has lower battery, sometimes it'll show that it has the lowest battery possible and then the bar raises up a little. it's really screwy, anyone have any ideas how to fix it or is it just a botched battery?

i know what you are talking about, and there are 3 things that i can think of that would cause that problem:
1. if you didnt properly calibrate your battery when you first got your iPod (what you do with a cell phone or laptop - run the battery all the way down before charging it for the first time)
2. If you have had your iPod for a while, the battery tends to die out (maybe 2 years) and you have to buy a new one which is kind of dumb
3. sometimes the battery indicator doesnt actually properly indicate the charge you have left and it will appear to be "recharging" itself.

i'm not so sure i did that, i can't really remember what i did when i first got it (got it last december). is there any way to fix something like that or would i just have to get a new ipod? (still under warantee).

the truth is that i don't really know :-? i dont think that that qualifies under warranty, but ur best bet is probably to either stick it out and just make sure you charge after you use it, or to get a new battery, which will end up costing about $125 for the battery and installation. i'd call up the apple support guys and see though...

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MMoNeY24 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:27 pm

here's some stuff with battery life support from apple:

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/power/

the asses want $100 to get a new ipod if the battery's messed up, they probably just give you a different repaired ipod, i doubt it'd be a new one. i'm not paying 100 for a new one, i guess i'll live with a botched one or figure out a way to fix it.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk