iPod Help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

iPod Help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby funatic » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:23 pm

That makes sense...

Or it could be like how switching a room light on and off actually uses more electricity than leaving it on for 30mins...(a very wild guess, but I remember it was significant)

Question: How do you turn an ipod off?
funatic
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MMoNeY24 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:24 pm

i have a 20 gig with about 2,000 songs on it and it's been working pretty well on itunes and everything other than it's crappy battery life.

i'll literally listen to it for like 15 minutes, turn it off, and put it back on like 5 minutes later and there'll be a good chunk of battery missing. when it has lower battery, sometimes it'll show that it has the lowest battery possible and then the bar raises up a little. it's really screwy, anyone have any ideas how to fix it or is it just a botched battery?
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bceagles04 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:38 pm

not sure, i actually have found i have a real good battery, i think it is just luck of the draw. Mine is nice, if i left it on, i could easily get 10-12 hours. And my recharge is FAST. They say 4 hours to recharge, mine takes like 1.5 for FULL charge. Maybe i just got lucky? And is there sleep mode for a 20gig?
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby baseball6791 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:24 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:i have a 20 gig with about 2,000 songs on it and it's been working pretty well on itunes and everything other than it's crappy battery life.

i'll literally listen to it for like 15 minutes, turn it off, and put it back on like 5 minutes later and there'll be a good chunk of battery missing. when it has lower battery, sometimes it'll show that it has the lowest battery possible and then the bar raises up a little. it's really screwy, anyone have any ideas how to fix it or is it just a botched battery?

i know what you are talking about, and there are 3 things that i can think of that would cause that problem:
1. if you didnt properly calibrate your battery when you first got your iPod (what you do with a cell phone or laptop - run the battery all the way down before charging it for the first time)
2. If you have had your iPod for a while, the battery tends to die out (maybe 2 years) and you have to buy a new one which is kind of dumb
3. sometimes the battery indicator doesnt actually properly indicate the charge you have left and it will appear to be "recharging" itself.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Rirruto » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:10 pm

funatic wrote:Question: How do you turn an ipod off?

Hold down the Play/Pause button until the screen shuts off.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby funatic » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:06 pm

Rirruto wrote:

Hmm... that seems to be what the others are saying as well...

Does anyone have an ipod photo? For my 40gig, it only goes to sleep when I hold it down like that. I am guessing that it counts as off when I see the apple sign once I restart it.
funatic
College Coach
College Coach

Postby baseball6791 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:11 pm

funatic wrote:
Rirruto wrote:

Does anyone have an ipod photo? For my 40gig, it only goes to sleep when I hold it down like that. I am guessing that it counts as off when I see the apple sign once I restart it.

yes it does, when you turn it on again and you see the apple sign it means that it was turned off. if you push the button, or unlock the hold, and it goes straight to where you were before the iPod was asleep not off

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby funatic » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:13 am

baseball6791 wrote:
funatic wrote:
Rirruto wrote:

yes it does, when you turn it on again and you see the apple sign it means that it was turned off. if you push the button, or unlock the hold, and it goes straight to where you were before the iPod was asleep not off

As I thought. So, does anyone know if an ipod photo can be turned off..?
funatic
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MMoNeY24 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:44 am

baseball6791 wrote:
MMoNeY24 wrote:i have a 20 gig with about 2,000 songs on it and it's been working pretty well on itunes and everything other than it's crappy battery life.

i know what you are talking about, and there are 3 things that i can think of that would cause that problem:
1. if you didnt properly calibrate your battery when you first got your iPod (what you do with a cell phone or laptop - run the battery all the way down before charging it for the first time)
2. If you have had your iPod for a while, the battery tends to die out (maybe 2 years) and you have to buy a new one which is kind of dumb
3. sometimes the battery indicator doesnt actually properly indicate the charge you have left and it will appear to be "recharging" itself.

i'm not so sure i did that, i can't really remember what i did when i first got it (got it last december). is there any way to fix something like that or would i just have to get a new ipod? (still under warantee).
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MMoNeY24 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:45 am

bceagles04 wrote:not sure, i actually have found i have a real good battery, i think it is just luck of the draw. Mine is nice, if i left it on, i could easily get 10-12 hours. And my recharge is FAST. They say 4 hours to recharge, mine takes like 1.5 for FULL charge. Maybe i just got lucky? And is there sleep mode for a 20gig?

yeah, i'm pretty sure it has a sleep mode.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk