iPod Help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

iPod Help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:34 pm

I got the 20 GB Dell DJ and have had no problems. Well, it froze once, and I called India and we got it fixed. But other than that, no problems. Man those things hold a lot of music...
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rirruto » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:00 am

bigh0rt wrote:Working on a few others. You wouldn't wanna complete another one, would ya? :-o

I wouldn't be able to even if i wanted. Completing one for you would require to make a new account and I've already got one (obviously)
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby LooseCannon » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:54 pm

Rirruto wrote:I love my iPod. Got a 20 gig for free from freeipods.com and haven't had one single problem.

I always tjhought that was a scam.....which promo did you use?

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Rirruto » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:15 pm

PujolsFAN321 wrote:
Rirruto wrote:I love my iPod. Got a 20 gig for free from freeipods.com and haven't had one single problem.

I always tjhought that was a scam.....which promo did you use?

I did the Ancestry.com offer for myself. Got 4 people to do the Infone offer, and 2 people to do the Blockbuster offer. You only need 5 completed offers but I got 6 just in case.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby so0perspam » Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:18 pm

Does it save more battery putting the iPod on sleep mode or turning it off? Someone told me you save more by putting it so sleep but that doesn't make sense to me.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:48 pm

so0perspam wrote:Does it save more battery putting the iPod on sleep mode or turning it off? Someone told me you save more by putting it so sleep but that doesn't make sense to me.

What the hell is sleep mode?
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 53)

Postby bceagles04 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:09 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
so0perspam wrote:Does it save more battery putting the iPod on sleep mode or turning it off? Someone told me you save more by putting it so sleep but that doesn't make sense to me.

What the hell is sleep mode?

there is no sleep mode as far as i know
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Rirruto » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:19 am

Sleep or standby mode is when you just press the Pause button and let it shut off by itself (I think it's like 60 seconds and it's supposed to load up a little faster when turning it back on) while actually turning it off is holding down the Play/Pause button until the screen shuts off.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby so0perspam » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:44 am

If you have an iPod mini, go to Extras --> Main Menu ---> Sleep ON. Then go to the main menu and the sleep option will be there. :-) Any answers to my question?
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:17 pm

so0perspam wrote:If you have an iPod mini, go to Extras --> Main Menu ---> Sleep ON. Then go to the main menu and the sleep option will be there. :-) Any answers to my question?

I don't have an iPod so this might be offbase but if that is the case, it would probably be the PC scenario. To keep it on 24/7 or not?? You would think that it would be good to turn it off when not in use to give it a rest but that might not be a good thing. When you turn it on, there is a surge that goes through it and can hurt the components. I would assume that the same can be said for the iPod/battery. The surge, albeit much smaller than a PC, can put a drain on your battery. Maybe this is what they were talking about. Either way, I would just test it out for yourself. 1 time, try putting it to sleep. Another time, try turning it off. See what happens.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk