Pavano's home/road splits - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pavano's home/road splits

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:17 pm

Good defense? Not really.

He is giving up the gopher ball at an alarming rate. His control is bad and he is way too fat in the zone and missing his spots too often.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby strong » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:10 am

reznorsboy wrote:I can't figure this guy out. Sinkerball pitcher with a good defense behind him!!

Why do people keep saying this? He's already got 13 unearned runs this year. Jeter's errors are generally low, but his range is pretty bad. And that Yankee outfield is not only pedestrian, they have a bunch of noodle arms, too.

I hope Pavano turns it around and I was encouraged by his road splits... but I'm beginning to think that to even be a decent pitcher with this Yankee team you have to keep the balls out of the field. Gotta strike out more than Pavano does...
strong
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:12 pm

Well unless the Yanks have an OF playing in Monument Park or in the RF bleechers I really do not think what typeof arms his OFs have are really going to matter much. Bernie and Giambi are pretty bad fielders these days, but he has given up something like 17 HRs already. His control stinks. And a lot are NOT of the Adam Dunn variety.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers