Max Kellerman filling in on Dan Patrick Show - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Max Kellerman filling in on Dan Patrick Show

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Max Kellerman filling in on Dan Patrick Show

Postby ironman » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:42 pm

Wow, does anyone actually like this schmuck? I just turned off my radio after having heard enough of his verbal sewage. His voice is incredibly annoying and his viewpoints are terrible.

I don't mind Trey Wingo and I find Scott Van Pelt amusing. Hell, I can even tolerate Eric Kuselias even though he gets a bit pompous sometimes. But this guy is just awful.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AT » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:54 pm

Kellerman is an awesome boxing analyst and his aggressive personality and persona on camera and on the mic is perfect for the sport BUT noone should have ever encouraged this moron to ever stray from his bread and butter. Van Pelt was always a golf wizard when he was with the Golf Channel and he made the transition well and others have as well I'm sure (Steven A. Smith not so much) but Kellerman needs to be tossed. He's also the worst kind of Yankee fan that exists...he knows nothing about baseball and couldn't care less about the integrity of the game, his team's reputation, their legacy, or what's right and wrong in baseball. I'm getting fired up just typing this post. Kellerman blows :-°
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby daullaz » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:10 pm

On the show he was talking about how unfair the salary cap in basketball is. He said because there's more people that live in New York, they should have a better basketball team, and by spending more money they would be able to do that. He said San Antonio shouldn't be competitive because of the small number of people they have living there as opposed to New York. He seems to place a higher importance on quantity of fans than quality of management. Chad Ford was on the program, as he said that even if you add up the Pistons' and Spurs' payroll, it wouldn't equal the payroll of the Knicks. Kellerman tried to counter that by saying, "Well, those cities combined don't come near the population of New York." He is a complete moron. Though I did enjoy him on Around the Horn, that was mainly because the show was centered around the sports writers opinions, not his own. He works a lot better as a complimentary piece, IMO.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:15 pm

daullaz wrote:On the show he was talking about how unfair the salary cap in basketball is. He said because there's more people that live in New York, they should have a better basketball team, and by spending more money they would be able to do that. He said San Antonio shouldn't be competitive because of the small number of people they have living there as opposed to New York. He seems to place a higher importance on quantity of fans than quality of management. Chad Ford was on the program, as he said that even if you add up the Pistons' and Spurs' payroll, it wouldn't equal the payroll of the Knicks. Kellerman tried to counter that by saying, "Well, those cities combined don't come near the population of New York." He is a complete moron. Though I did enjoy him on Around the Horn, that was mainly because the show was centered around the sports writers opinions, not his own. He works a lot better as a complimentary piece, IMO.

Kellerman is some ass, man. He's just awful to listen to. I couldn't stand him on Around the Horn, I,MAX, and I thank God I get to listen to Mike and the Mad Dog instead of him. :-°
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 820)

Postby AT » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:19 pm

Mike and the Mad Dog are sweet ;-D
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:19 pm

Kellerman is awful...I was thinking this yesterday listening to the show. It basically ruined my day hearing him bable about nothing....He relates everything to boxing which is completely retarded. He makes it like boxing is the purist most unadulterated sport ever and that everything else is beneath it.

He also bashed golf for about 2 hours and then added that golf is a sport for rich white guys who aren't jewish.

Anyways Kellerman has issues and blows :-t :-t
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Re: Max Kellerman filling in on Dan Patrick Show

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:53 pm

ironman wrote:Wow, does anyone actually like this schmuck? I just turned off my radio after having heard enough of his verbal sewage. His voice is incredibly annoying and his viewpoints are terrible.

I don't mind Trey Wingo and I find Scott Van Pelt amusing. Hell, I can even tolerate Eric Kuselias even though he gets a bit pompous sometimes. But this guy is just awful.

he reminds me of Macully Culkin playing dress-up as Jim Rome
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby kentx12 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:56 pm

I turned on the pc to listen to Karabel's fantasy focus and what do I get Kellerman :-P At least it is almost ready to go off so I can upgrade to Karabel. Not real sure how much of an upgrade that is.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:58 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:Mike and the Mad Dog are sweet ;-D

Now you're talkin... ;-D
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 116)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:16 am

Glad I wasn't the only one. I turned it on Monday during lunch and I turned it off again before the first SC update. :-P He is absolutely dreadful. :-P :-P :-P :-P
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Next

Return to General Talk