DVD burner - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

DVD burner

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

DVD burner

Postby Trot Nixon » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:17 am

I just bought a new DVD burner with the Best Buy gift card I just found (always good to find a gift card from 3 years ago) Got a real nice one, a Sony Dual layer, double layer, exturnal burner but have NO IDEA how to use it. I was told to use a program, DVDFabDecrypter and works fine with small movies but I tried to burn the first season of 24 DVD and it was too big!!!!! Does anyone know a program that will compact it to fit to a normal DVD+R cd??? I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense but I'm an accounting major!
Image
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2360
Joined: 10 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wishing Nixon would come back to the Sox

Postby Mets4Life » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:39 am

Image
Mets4Life
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 518
Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: DVD burner

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:56 am

Trot Nixon wrote:I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense but I'm an accounting major!


LMAO and Mets is right on. ;-D
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:26 am

I tried ripping DVD's and i got confused with how the DVD is set up...but I'm sure that mets's thing probably works good
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby RynMan » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:59 pm

Yeah DVDShrink is great. Basically the DVD's that you rent or buy, most of them wont fit onto any blank DVD's you can get....so you need to extract portions of the original. Alot of the time this means just getting the actual movies without special features, audio commentary etc. DVDShrink lets you take out the actual movie and fit it onto a disc, then if you want the special features you can put them on a separate disk. You can use Nero to burn those files to a DVD.
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Postby Phatferd » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:06 pm

RynMan wrote:Yeah DVDShrink is great. Basically the DVD's that you rent or buy, most of them wont fit onto any blank DVD's you can get....so you need to extract portions of the original. Alot of the time this means just getting the actual movies without special features, audio commentary etc. DVDShrink lets you take out the actual movie and fit it onto a disc, then if you want the special features you can put them on a separate disk. You can use Nero to burn those files to a DVD.


You need AnyDVD or DVD Decryptor to get through the copyrights though. That is if you already own the movie and just want to back it up. :-° :-° :-° :-° ;-D
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4058
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Highway 10

Postby RynMan » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:27 pm

Phatferd wrote:
RynMan wrote:Yeah DVDShrink is great. Basically the DVD's that you rent or buy, most of them wont fit onto any blank DVD's you can get....so you need to extract portions of the original. Alot of the time this means just getting the actual movies without special features, audio commentary etc. DVDShrink lets you take out the actual movie and fit it onto a disc, then if you want the special features you can put them on a separate disk. You can use Nero to burn those files to a DVD.


You need AnyDVD or DVD Decryptor to get through the copyrights though. That is if you already own the movie and just want to back it up. :-° :-° :-° :-° ;-D


Totally forgot about that. AnyDVD is the way to go. Yeah, if you wanted to back up your existing copies only. ;-)
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Postby Pablo975 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:54 am

Yeah, DVD Shrink works great. Just play around with it awhile and you'll get the hang of it. Make sure you have Nero too.
Image

"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 969
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 21 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Mobile, AL

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:38 pm

you can find pretty much anything you want to know about video editing/burning at http://www.videohelp.com/.

i actually run the movie through vob blanker then go to dvd shrink if further compression is needed.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 3766
Joined: 1 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: bored at work


Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Oct. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact