Harden expected to start tomorrow - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Harden expected to start tomorrow

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Harden expected to start tomorrow

Postby nsulham » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:19 pm

Anyone activating him?

I think I'm going to sit tomorrow out and see how he does :-?

Rich Harden, on the disabled list since May 14 with a strained left oblique muscle, is expected to come off the DL to start against the Mariners tomorrow.
Harden threw just 35 pitches in his rehab start, so he probably won't be ready to throw more than four or five innings tomorrow. Ryan Glynn, who had been scheduled to start, will probably get to relieve him in the contest.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Harden expected to start tomorrow

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:21 pm

nsulham wrote:Anyone activating him?

Rich Harden, on the disabled list since May 14 with a strained left oblique muscle, is expected to come off the DL to start against the Mariners tomorrow.
Harden threw just 35 pitches in his rehab start, so he probably won't be ready to throw more than four or five innings tomorrow. Ryan Glynn, who had been scheduled to start, will probably get to relieve him in the contest.

I'd say that's your best bet. Worst case scneario; you miss out on a good start and know you're cool to start him from then forward. Much better than the worst case scenario in starting him right off the DL :-o
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 388)

Postby dellnet2000 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:33 pm

I have Harden too. I'm in a Yahoo league.. If I dont start him..anyone know how long I can leave him on the DL ? My league doesnt have a lot of bench spots so I want to wait and see how he does before I have to cut a good player
dellnet2000
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:34 pm

dellnet2000 wrote:

I have Harden too. I'm in a Yahoo league.. If I dont start him..anyone know how long I can leave him on the DL ? My league doesnt have a lot of bench spots so I want to wait and see how he does before I have to cut a good player

As far as I know, you can leave him on the DL indefinitely.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 388)

Postby uucrook3d » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:37 pm

i'm starting him. m's offense isnt much better than the aaa one he dismantled in 35 pitches.
uucrook3d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby cnt » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:53 pm

You can leave him on the DL for as long as you want. The only catch is you can't make any other moves if he is off the DL in real life and you still have him on the deal. You can still set your roster, but you can't add/drop or make any trades until you take him off the DL. Hope that was clear. Basically as long as you are not looking to add/drop or trade than he can stay on your DL as long as you want him too.
12 Team 5x5 Roto League
3rd Place - 5.5 Points Behind
cnt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rainman23 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:35 am

You guys are probably right. Sit him. Not a bad move. My staff has been wracked by injuries for so long, though, and he's going against the Mariners. I'm pretty sure I won't be doing the smart thing tonight. He's in the lineup.
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Box » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:11 am

rainman23 wrote:You guys are probably right. Sit him. Not a bad move. My staff has been wracked by injuries for so long, though, and he's going against the Mariners. I'm pretty sure I won't be doing the smart thing tonight. He's in the lineup.

I bench Haren against them last night and missed out bigtime, so I'll be starting Rich as well. I don't expect Macha to leave him in much longer than 5 or so innings though.
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby djack909 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:19 pm

When you move him off the DL you have to drop another player or put another player on your roster on the DL. If you don't have a player on your roster to put on the DL, when you drop a player to activate Harden, that is the time to pick up a DLed FA. Last night I dropped various players to activate Harden. The player dropped was used to pick up DLed FAs. Such as Maggs,Escobar,Od Perez, C. Gullian. Those pick ups refilled my DL slot.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers