Prior May Be Back This Weekend.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Prior May Be Back This Weekend..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mustangs989 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:53 am

acsguitar wrote:And he'll probably be back on the DL again by monday...he's super injury prone and I just can't see him ever being healthy

I'm not ready to put him in a group with Drew, Griffey etc. 2 of Prior's injuries have been freak injuries. A line drive back to the mound, that's not being injury prone, just unlucky. Same with when he ran into Giles while he was running the bases and was on the DL for a few months.

With that said I think he's coming back too early, but hopefully the Cubs know what they are doing :-o
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby oukurt » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:14 pm

He won't be around to burn me again. I think some are just born to be on the DL.
Now watch him stay healthy the rest of his career. If he isn't on my team, this is a real possibility.
oukurt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby d18Mike » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:54 pm

Come on guys..... This wasn't a Drew/Griffey/JuanGone/Nomar type of ripped-a-hamstring-from-the-bone-brushing-my-teeth type injury --- it's a broken arm from a batted ball; A Truly Manly John Wayne Type Inury.

I don't care how well stretched and conditioned you are. Sometimes physics will just get the best of you.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Secret Avatar » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:28 pm

Yeah, he'll start on Saturday and be back on the DL by Monday. Sorry guys, but I've got no faith in his ability to remain healthy this year. Maybe he proves me wrong. The race doesn't always go to the swiftest, or the battle to the strongest, but that's the way to bet.

And how can he possibly be back so fast after sustaining a fractured elbow?? Either they lied about the extent of the injury, or he's coming back way too soon.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Irish » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:43 pm

Secret Avatar wrote:Yeah, he'll start on Saturday and be back on the DL by Monday. Sorry guys, but I've got no faith in his ability to remain healthy this year. Maybe he proves me wrong. The race doesn't always go to the swiftest, or the battle to the strongest, but that's the way to bet.

And how can he possibly be back so fast after sustaining a fractured elbow?? Either they lied about the extent of the injury, or he's coming back way too soon.

Because it was a COMPRESSION fracture. It was basically like a bruise to the bone.

And before that he was pitching as well as any other ace and wasn't having any issues at all.

It just sounds like alot of you guys have sour grapes. :-t
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:45 pm

Irish wrote:
Secret Avatar wrote:Yeah, he'll start on Saturday and be back on the DL by Monday. Sorry guys, but I've got no faith in his ability to remain healthy this year. Maybe he proves me wrong. The race doesn't always go to the swiftest, or the battle to the strongest, but that's the way to bet.

Because it was a COMPRESSION fracture. It was basically like a bruise to the bone.

And before that he was pitching as well as any other ace and wasn't having any issues at all.

It just sounds like alot of you guys have sour grapes. :-t

Well, given that the Cubbies want to throw him right into a game without a minor league assignment, and his original projection of 3 months suddenly became 3 weeks, there's certainly reason to be skeptical. I don't own him myself, but I think you're fooling yourself if you haven't so much as raised an eyebrow given this series of events :-?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby Irish » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:23 pm

I think this obviously raises an eyebrow.

But I don't think Prior would necessarily rush himself in if he wasn't ready, since he's a young guy and surely wouldn't want to risk his career for a few extra starts.
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby go_jays_go » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:25 pm

Irish wrote:I think this obviously raises an eyebrow.

But I don't think Prior would necessarily rush himself in if he wasn't ready, since he's a young guy and surely wouldn't want to risk his career for a few extra starts.

Hopefully it's not the case where he rushes himself into coming back, just to get another injury. But I think he'll be fine ;-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TonyCee » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:35 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:FWIW, they said during the (dismal) Cubs/ Yankees game, before which he'd pitched a simulated game, that he told one of the announcers before the game that he didn't have ANY problems pitching, only w/ day to day stuff like driving and brushing his teeth.

LOL, the guy can pitch fine but has problems brushing his teeth and driving? I'm confused.
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers