Prior May Be Back This Weekend.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Prior May Be Back This Weekend..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Prior May Be Back This Weekend..

Postby go_jays_go » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:41 pm

Prior may be back this weekend

From Fanball

News
The Cubs may not have to be without Mark Prior much longer. The team is moving up his next simulated game one day to Tuesday, which means he may be able to return against the White Sox on Sunday if everything goes well, reports MLB.com. "It's a possibility," manager Dusty Baker said. "It's not out of the realm of possibility. We'll see how he does [Tuesday] first." Prior is 4-1 with a 2.93 ERA this season.

Views
The good news keeps coming in for Prior and his owners. First, he was expected to be back next week and now he may return even sooner. We'll know more about his return date after Tuesday's simulated game, but fantasy owners should be getting ready to remove him from their disabled list as soon as Sunday.

Whoa, this is obviously awesome for all us Prior owners..I thought he was gonna be gone for atleast two months!! ;-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fireball Express » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:51 pm

I don't care how soon he comes back as long as he's healthy. I'm gonna need him for the playoff run. He'll be no use to me then if he gets reinjured.

If he is healthy AND comes back close to this weekend I'll be estatic.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby uucrook3d » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:15 am

my trade of chipper and burnett for prior and huff is looking better and better. now if only huff could remember how to hit...
uucrook3d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Knights » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:10 am

Sure makes me even more excited after snapping Prior off of the FA list just yesterday... gotta love stupid owners.
Knights
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 28)

Postby Rance Mulliniks » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:20 am

God I hope he comes back - it's going to be nice getting my injured SPs back over the next few weeks -- Harden, Prior, Bedard (and eventually Schilling :-o )
Mulliniks Watch: Still stuck on 1325 games 3569 AB 445 R 972 H 73 HR 435 RBI 0.272 AVG 15 SB
Rance Mulliniks
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby hybrid » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:45 am

Half of me is happy, but the other half is hoping he takes a bit more time. I don't want him coming back before he is 100% and having some type of problem due to him rushing back. Just seems like he is coming back wayyyyy before anyone ever thought he would.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Bobby Baseball » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:47 am

I love Prior as much as anyone but this seems rediculously early to be coming back from a fractured elbow in his pitching arm. I don't want to see him be the next Dave Dravecky. (there's a happy thought, huh)

Double Deuce Ranch
Bobby Baseball
College Coach
College Coach

Postby d18Mike » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:58 am

This may be one of the oddest stats I've seen in my days of FB ... as of this morning in the CBS Sportline Leagues, Prior is only 52% owned.

A lot of folks apparently thought he was out for 3-4 months, which I think was the high-end estimate. I picked him up as a FA -- not even as a WW pick-up -- in my league the week after an injury.

I've never seen such an odd dynamic with an injury -- but hard to imagine he is still not owned in 48% of those leagues.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:53 am

FWIW, they said during the (dismal) Cubs/ Yankees game, before which he'd pitched a simulated game, that he told one of the announcers before the game that he didn't have ANY problems pitching, only w/ day to day stuff like driving and brushing his teeth.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:49 am

And he'll probably be back on the DL again by monday...he's super injury prone and I just can't see him ever being healthy
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers