Damon to sit? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Damon to sit?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Damon to sit?

Postby speedy27 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:27 pm

how long do you think J.Damon is going to be held out or is he planning on playing through the injury?

Johnny Damon has been diagnosed with a strained right rotator cuff.
It is his non-throwing shoulder and Damon doesn't believe he will need surgery, but the injury kept him out of the lineup yesterday. ''There's some days it feels like it's going to pop out of the socket,'' Damon said.
Source: Boston Globe
speedy27
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby djack909 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:40 pm

I just accepted a trade offered to me. His Damon for my P.Feliz I hope he doesn't know something about Johnny that we don't know.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tropico1804 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:19 pm

I live near boston and the guys on the radio were sayin that he probably should go on the DL but he doesn't want to, which shows us what a high caliber player he is.
Tropico1804
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:08 pm

Damon and ManRam both in the lineup according to Yahoo's box score.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby beltrans_boy » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:10 pm

Tropico1804 wrote:I live near boston and the guys on the radio were sayin that he probably should go on the DL but he doesn't want to, which shows us what a high caliber player he is.

That's just being stupid, not high caliber. If you're injured, you go on the DL. I wish the Dodgers had done that with Gagne. Now its going to cost the organization for the next year (or more).
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:13 pm

beltrans_boy wrote:
Tropico1804 wrote:I live near boston and the guys on the radio were sayin that he probably should go on the DL but he doesn't want to, which shows us what a high caliber player he is.

That's just being stupid, not high caliber. If you're injured, you go on the DL. I wish the Dodgers had done that with Gagne. Now its going to cost the organization for the next year (or more).

I was just about to say that, too. If selling the other 24 guys on your roster short by not playing at 100% when you could take a seat for a short while and come back strong makes somebody "high caliber", well then I've been fooled on what I thought the definition was in my days.

Fanboys will be fanboys, though. The report could've come in that Damon cut off his right hand and wanted to play and this guy would've probably called him high caliber :-)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby Chicago RedSox » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:06 pm

I wonder if Damon is worried that missing games will mess with his numbers in his contract year... I'd like to think he's better then that
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Tropico1804 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:36 pm

U can both go to hell. Was 0/2 and what'd he do with men in scoring position, while playing hurt? Knocked them in. He IS high caliber because he performs even when he is hurt unlike most.
Tropico1804
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:38 pm

Tropico1804 wrote:U can both go to hell. Was 0/2 and what'd he do with men in scoring position, while playing hurt? Knocked them in. He IS high caliber because he performs even when he is hurt unlike most.

Whatever you say man.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby thehat » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:54 am

beltrans_boy wrote:

Two points...professional athletes play through pain. It is, in fact, part of the competitive edge that has gotten them to the highest level to begin with. These guys have different mindsets than the rest of us. Fact is, you can go into every MLB clubhouse at this point in the season, and make a case for half the team needing to hit the DL. It's the same story in any professional sport. As for Damon, he's certainly banged up but it's clearly not enough to prevent from playing great ball. He'll likely need to take the occasional day off, and will, but apparently a DL hiatus is unnecessary.

As for Gagne, what were the Dodgers supposed to do? He checked out okay after his DL stint, so he started pitching again. The Dodgrs could have sat him on the DL till 2010 and the same thing would have happened if there was a weakness in the elbow that wasn't showing up in the pictures. The only way they could have seen this coming was if they had Kreskin working for them.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers