Trick for better Cell Phone Signal? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Trick for better Cell Phone Signal?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trick for better Cell Phone Signal?

Postby AT » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:00 pm

I was at the Mall yesterday trying to pretend like it wasn't father's day when I ran into one of those cell phone stands that sits in the middle of the mall about every 5 feet when I actually stopped at it to buy a hands free headset. The guy at the booth asked me what service I had and I remarked sarcastically at how happy I was with my cingular because of the stellar signal I get inside my house on Long Island... He suggested that I go to one of those car wash stores and buy those stick-on antennaes and put a couple of them in my house where I usually try to talk on the phone and it would boost my signal. I'm intrigued by this suggestion and I can see it going either way from completely ridiculous and ineffective to absolutely brilliant and worthy of a spot in the pantheon HOF for convenient remedies to lifes constant struggles. Anyone hear of such a thing actually working? Does it make sense?
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GiantFan666 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:05 pm

I don't know how much sense it makes, its one of those ideas that sounds dumb, but when you think about it you go hmmmm, it could work... Not sure how much they cost but I think it would be worth 10-20 bucks to try it out...
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:02 pm

Never heard of that before but hey how much are they?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby beltrans_boy » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:04 pm

Cingular = :-t

AT&T was great, and then Cingular came in and took it over. I can't even get service in downtown San Francisco sometimes. It's absolutely ridiculous. Good thing I'm only locked in for another year...

:-o
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AT » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:04 pm

I have no idea but I think I'm going to give it a shot and at least go find out after work today...Lord knows my car needs a wash anyway haha. Yeah, it almost doesn't make sense but you're right man, it made me go hmmmm and think that I wouldn't be that shocked if it did work ya know? I'll let you guys know if it works...
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby studplaya1114 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:19 pm

I have one of those on my phone. It sticks to the back of the battery. It costs like 2 bucks, but Im not sure if it really works. Verizon has really good service, so it doesnt matter that much for me.
studplaya1114
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AT » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:33 pm

Where'd you get it? Is it actually designed for improving cell phone signal or is it just something that coincidentally happens to work?
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:46 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:Where'd you get it? Is it actually designed for improving cell phone signal or is it just something that coincidentally happens to work?

I have a magic rock that keeps away tigers its 50 bucks
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby AT » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:58 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Atrophying Testicles wrote:Where'd you get it? Is it actually designed for improving cell phone signal or is it just something that coincidentally happens to work?

That's great and I have an aroma that keeps away women and it costs as much as a bowl of chili. What do either of these things have to do with the price of tea in China?
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:15 pm

acsguitar wrote:

Bear Patrol :-D
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 384)

Next

Return to General Talk