WSOP fantasy challenge - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

WSOP fantasy challenge

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby daullaz » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:17 pm

He was talking about the chimp, I think. Not that there's much of a difference.
Image
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4884
(Past Year: 116)
Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Babel

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:40 pm

Well just because I can, and I know I'm not participating though I would have, I'll just throw out someone I think could win it: Darrell Dicken a.k.a. gigabet. Few years ago I played with him a lot online and got to know him. Good guy, hope he plays well.
Image
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2068
Joined: 2 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Shooting for par

Postby 1337_Dude » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:36 pm

Goooosh. Come on. My team is killing me here.
Image
Image
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1583
Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Ole Kentucky

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:22 pm

Day off today. Play starts up again on Friday with everyone finally playing at the same time.

giants! can't win it alone. Best he can do is tie. With Ivey, Ferguson and Negraneau being his only live players and dalluz, Madison and Mookie having them too.

I still can't find a complete chip count anywhere so here's what I do have.

Pogo: 4 live, 1 ?
Perlick: 1 live, 7 ?
giants!: 3 live
Snakes G: 4 live, 1 ?
1337_dude: 3 live, 1 ?
dalluz: 5 live, 1 ?
Jimboozie: 1 live, 3 ?
Madison: 3 live, 1 ?
Mookie: 4 live

Here's a list of the ? if anyone has some reliable news.
Yakov Hirsch
Ben Johnson
Ricky Grijalva
Dan Hart
Ethan Scharipa
Assani Fisher
Michael Mizrachi
John Phan
Mark Seif
Todd Brunson
Howard Lederer
Mike Gracz

I'm assuming Brunson and Lederer are out since I didn't see them listed in the chip count and they are pretty big names but I haven't seen them listed as eliminated so we wait.

Also everyone took Phil Ivey so he isn't a difference maker.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21587
(Past Year: 357)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Postby giants! » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:10 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:Day off today. Play starts up again on Friday with everyone finally playing at the same time.

giants! can't win it alone. Best he can do is tie. With Ivey, Ferguson and Negraneau being his only live players and dalluz, Madison and Mookie having them too.

I still can't find a complete chip count anywhere so here's what I do have.

Pogo: 4 live, 1 ?
Perlick: 1 live, 7 ?
giants!: 3 live
Snakes G: 4 live, 1 ?
1337_dude: 3 live, 1 ?
dalluz: 5 live, 1 ?
Jimboozie: 1 live, 3 ?
Madison: 3 live, 1 ?
Mookie: 4 live

Here's a list of the ? if anyone has some reliable news.
Yakov Hirsch
Ben Johnson
Ricky Grijalva
Dan Hart
Ethan Scharipa
Assani Fisher
Michael Mizrachi
John Phan
Mark Seif
Todd Brunson
Howard Lederer
Mike Gracz

I'm assuming Brunson and Lederer are out since I didn't see them listed in the chip count and they are pretty big names but I haven't seen them listed as eliminated so we wait.

Also everyone took Phil Ivey so he isn't a difference maker.


Guess predicting WSOP is not my specialty
Image
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2982
Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 1337_Dude » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:26 pm

giants! wrote:Guess predicting WSOP is not my specialty

It seems that way for most of us.
Image
Image
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1583
Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Ole Kentucky

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:37 pm

Go Phil Ivey!!! :-b

So, I guess Dan Harrington is eliminated. Too many people have read his books and know how to play against him now. :-o

I'm glad Raymer is knocked out. I would have been up to my eyes in envy had he made it deep into the money three straight years. :-°
Last edited by Jimboozie on Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimboozie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 414
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Rock Bottom

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:38 pm

1337_Dude wrote:
giants! wrote:Guess predicting WSOP is not my specialty

It seems that way for most of us.
It is hard to say since there isn't exactly a lot of data for it but if it makes to feel any better there were 8,725 entrants and only 1400 remain. That is about 16%. Statistically if you were to pick 10 random names you should have 1-2 left.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21587
(Past Year: 357)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Postby Madison » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:44 pm

You guys seen the payouts yet? 8-o

http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/2006/08/2006-world-series-of-poker-main-event.html

$12 Million to the winner! Wow! 8-o
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:47 pm

Madison wrote:You guys seen the payouts yet? 8-o

http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/2006/08/2006-world-series-of-poker-main-event.html

$12 Million to the winner! Wow! 8-o


Yeah that's crazy. 11 others will be taking home $1,000,000+ too.
They hit the money tomorrow.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21587
(Past Year: 357)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: assiquate and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Jul. 31
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi White Sox at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(3:40 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact