WSOP fantasy challenge - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

WSOP fantasy challenge

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

WSOP fantasy challenge

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:14 am

This is something I am doing with some of my buddies this year and I thought it would work well at the Cafe too. Everyone who wants to participate picks 10 poker players. Whoever has the highest prize money total in the $10,000 no limit tourney from their 10 players wins. It is scheduled to start Thursday July 7th, so selections would have to be in before then.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:19 am

Is it gonna be free?? Is there gonna be any kind of proggy for this or are you gonna keep records??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:30 am

Lofunzo wrote:Is it gonna be free?? Is there gonna be any kind of proggy for this or are you gonna keep records??
Just for bragging rights. I can keep everyones picks in a spreadsheet. Chances are most picks won't be in the money anyway so it shouldn't be that hard to keep track.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:36 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Is it gonna be free?? Is there gonna be any kind of proggy for this or are you gonna keep records??
Just for bragging rights. I can keep everyones picks in a spreadsheet. Chances are most picks won't be in the money anyway so it shouldn't be that hard to keep track.

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm in. Maybe we could get a poker icon or something? :-b ;-)
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:48 am

pokerplaya wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm in. Maybe we could get a poker icon or something? :-b ;-)
If nothing else I'm sure one of the graphics guys would be nice enough to make a custom sig.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby perlick29 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:37 pm

I'm in. I have 3 friends participating so I'll be nice and pick the one who finished 38th last year. He always does well, he finished 18th in one of the earlier events. Just say when and I'll be ready with my picks.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:42 pm

perlick29 wrote:I'm in. I have 3 friends participating so I'll be nice and pick the one who finished 38th last year. He always does well, he finished 18th in one of the earlier events. Just say when and I'll be ready with my picks.

You didn't win a seat either, huh? :-/

I got close, but close doesn't do it. :-C

I'll be happy to make picks for this too. :-) ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby eftda » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:47 pm

How close did u get madison?
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:07 pm

eftda wrote:How close did u get madison?

5th out of 600+. Winner got the $10,000 buy in, 9 days hotel, airfare, and $1,000 in spending money. Down to the final 5 and got knocked out when my pocket queens got taken out by pocket 10's that hit a set on the flop. :,-(

There's always next year though. }:-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby joshyboy72 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:38 pm

I'd like to join...Erin Ness all the way... :-L

Just wondering, is there going to be any kind of "units" system where like the best poker players cost more, and you buy a team? Or can we just pick any 10?

And when we do get this going, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could hook me up with a PM, I spend more time on the Football side so I might forget about this thread, but I'd get the PM over there.

Thanks man, sounds fun. ;-D
big ups to smoovethug on the sig
joshyboy72
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to General Talk