I finally have a pitching staff. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I finally have a pitching staff.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I finally have a pitching staff.

Postby djack909 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:42 pm

About a month ago I had 5 SPs on the DL. I dumped Thompson and Od. Perez. Traded Wood for V. Wells. Held on to Wells until he was hot and traded him for Jeter. My pitching staff consisted of Pedro, Contreras, and whoever I could spot for more than a month. Today, I traded P. Feliz for Cliff Lee, dumped Contreras, and picked up D. Wells and C. Wang as FAs. Will wait for Bedard and Schilling to come off the DL. I finally won't have to spot start. Spot starting saved this team. More about spot starting in my next post.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby uucrook3d » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:51 pm

while you do have a staff, it still isnt a very good one. no offense intended but you might want to address it before the playoffs.
uucrook3d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Frances The Mute » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:52 pm

interesting thoughts.
Last edited by Frances The Mute on Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frances The Mute
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Steelers Rule » Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:31 pm

Someone dropped odalis perez in my league and I picked him up. I am now waiting on odaliz, bedard and schilling. I got johan, oliver perez and buehlre as my only healthy ones. If they get healthy i will have an awesome staff. :-°

glad to see things are coming together for you tho :-D
Steelers Rule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bceagles04 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:44 pm

Frances The Mute wrote:thanks for wasting my time

wow francis the mute you are a total jerk, this is the Baseball Leftovers forum, wher you can post thoughts, ideas, or whatever interesting bit you have the doesnt fit in the others. I found this somewhat interesting because of the sheer amount of pitchers that have wound up on the DL for long periods of time. Why dont you just stop being a dick ,and if you dont have an answer dont type. And great job getting Jeter for VWells, great sell high. Once SChillin gets back (june 5th perhaps) your stafff should start to take shape
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby uucrook3d » Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:52 pm

your stafff should start to take shape

BC, how can you truly believe this. he has 1 good starter(pedro). lee is on a good stretch, wang and wells are fa's for a reason and who knows what schill is going to do. i would much rather have brutal honesty(frances) than have smoked blown up my a$$(which is what you did). just my .02
uucrook3d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bceagles04 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:11 am

well see the thing is, Francis didnt even attempt to answer the Q. He just felt like bein a jerk like normal, and asking who cared about what the guy said. Sure, he doesnt have the best staff and by "take shape" i didnt mean become all-stars. But Pedro-Schilling is a pretty sweet 1-2 combo. David Wells, with a good matchup can be very effective. Idk when Bedard gets back, but he was pitchin lights out. It is by no means a #1 staff, but nothing to be ashamed of
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WharfRat » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:35 am

bceagles04 wrote:well see the thing is, Francis didnt even attempt to answer the Q. He just felt like bein a jerk like normal, and asking who cared about what the guy said. Sure, he doesnt have the best staff and by "take shape" i didnt mean become all-stars. But Pedro-Schilling is a pretty sweet 1-2 combo. David Wells, with a good matchup can be very effective. Idk when Bedard gets back, but he was pitchin lights out. It is by no means a #1 staff, but nothing to be ashamed of

Good call, I agree completely. Pedro/Schill are a solid foundation, assuming Schilling is a semblance of his old self, with Bedard, Wells and Lee in addition, all guys who can give you starts, even Wang looked good yesterday. I don't know what your trade bait looks like, but if you can snag one more solid SP you should be more or less okay. And heck, you'll be in much better shape than the SP carousel it sounds like you've been riding. Way to ride out a tough situation, don't even listen to these jokers. They just wish they'd drafted Pedro. ;-D
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby chinch sacs » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:44 am

Frances The Mute wrote:thanks for wasting my time

We try as ofton as possible :-D

As to the Fantasy Rotation, Shilling/Pedro is a good 1-2, C. Lee makes a good 4th or 5th starter and Wells you can play match-ups. I would try to get one more decent 3rd or 4th starter, but you are much improved over 2 SP and massive spot-tarts ;-D
Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...

Anytime you have a 50/50 choice between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby beltrans_boy » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:48 am

uucrook3d wrote:
your stafff should start to take shape

BC, how can you truly believe this. he has 1 good starter(pedro).

That's one more than me. I'd kill for Pedro! :-L
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers