Yahoo stattracker not working? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo stattracker not working?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:03 pm

I'm the last person on this board who will take things personally, or get offended. So feel free, by all means, man. Just keep providing good fantasy advice, and I'll do my best to do the same ;-D

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=140327
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jblank » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:05 pm

bigh0rt wrote:I'm the last person on this board who will take things personally, or get offended. So feel free, by all means, man. Just keep providing good fantasy advice, and I'll do my best to do the same ;-D

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=140327

I know, but I just wanted to make sure you didnt think I was slamming you, especially since we have talked before on here and always get along.
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:08 pm

Cool.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby inkognito » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:16 pm

I only have to make the point that I checked my players on MLB.com and managed to make literally last-second change to my roster.

I understand that nothing works 100%. The point with electricitity is good, but not with the cable company - it actually gives me my money back for the time it's off because of company's fault.

The reason I am very pissed by today's blackout of stattracker (though I agree it is quite reliable this year) is that it hadn't worked since yesterday's night already. Some people rely on the stattracker (they really come to check their rosters just before the games start) and such blackouts may cause relatively big damages to their rosters (and a lot of people play fantasy ball for money). This time it would have been enough if they sent an e-mail to every stattracker owner, apologise and tell that it may not be OK this evening. Why didn't they do it when they definitely knew about it?
inkognito
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jblank » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:21 pm

inkognito wrote:I only have to make the point that I checked my players on MLB.com and managed to make literally last-second change to my roster.

I understand that nothing works 100%. The point with electricitity is good, but not with the cable company - it actually gives me my money back for the time it's off because of company's fault.

The reason I am very pissed by today's blackout of stattracker (though I agree it is quite reliable this year) is that it hadn't worked since yesterday's night already. Some people rely on the stattracker (they really come to check their rosters just before the games start) and such blackouts may cause relatively big damages to their rosters (and a lot of people play fantasy ball for money). This time it would have been enough if they sent an e-mail to every stattracker owner, apologise and tell that it may not be OK this evening. Why didn't they do it when they definitely knew about it?

Hey, I am right there with ya bro, I play for money in a couple of leagues also so I am invested in the game too. Yahoo could certainly work on their communication, no doubt about it. :-) Thats interesting about your cable company, mine here (Charter Communications) offers no credits for service disruptions. You've got a pretty good one there.
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby inkognito » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:30 pm

jblank wrote:
inkognito wrote:I only have to make the point that I checked my players on MLB.com and managed to make literally last-second change to my roster.

Hey, I am right there with ya bro, I play for money in a couple of leagues also so I am invested in the game too. Yahoo could certainly work on their communication, no doubt about it. :-) Thats interesting about your cable company, mine here (Charter Communications) offers no credits for service disruptions. You've got a pretty good one there.

Main thing is that it's working again, I hope it will be as reliable as it was so far this season till Saturday ;-D BTW I am generally very thankful to Yahoo for providing such a nice fantasy game free and for everyone.

I think we can close this discussion now, good luck to you and everyone in your leagues and let's hope that Yahoo will only do better :-D
inkognito
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:31 pm

jblank wrote:

My cable company (Cablevision) I do believe gives me money back if/when we lose cable, though I've yet to lose it since moving into my own apartment a little less than a year ago.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers