Yahoo stattracker not working? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo stattracker not working?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:37 pm

seems to be moving very slow over here.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jblank » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:42 pm

rotterdam_82 wrote:
jblank wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Naturally it fixes itself just in time for me to be unable to yank Freel out of my starting lineup, as he's not playing today. Yay.

Why didnt you just check mlb.com rather than relying on only one source? I always double check just to be sure.

Because he payed $9.99 for the service?

So he should let the fact that he paid 10 bucks for the service cost him the ability to see if his people are playing? Yeah that makes a helluva lot of sense. If I see that Yahoo is having trouble or I suspect they dont have the lineups posted yet, I go right to MLB.com or to CBS Sportsline and double check. The fact that he paid 10 bucks for Stattracker doesnt limit him to ONLY being able to check them or use them as your resource.

Come on bro, wake up.
Last edited by jblank on Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:43 pm

rotterdam_82 wrote:
jblank wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Naturally it fixes itself just in time for me to be unable to yank Freel out of my starting lineup, as he's not playing today. Yay.

Why didnt you just check mlb.com rather than relying on only one source? I always double check just to be sure.

Precisely. Also, during the week when I'm teaching, I rarely get more than 5 minutes to hop on a computer in between classes to check things before the 1:00 games. And, after that, I don't exactly have the time to sit on the computer and check more than the one service I actually paid for, either.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 326)

Postby jblank » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:45 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
rotterdam_82 wrote:
jblank wrote:

Precisely. Also, during the week when I'm teaching, I rarely get more than 5 minutes to hop on a computer in between classes to check things before the 1:00 games. And, after that, I don't exactly have the time to sit on the computer and check more than the one service I actually paid for, either.

Oh come on!!!!!!!! It takes all of 2 minutes to go to mlb.com and scan the posted lineups. Stattracker sucks, yeah, we all know that, but dont sit here and blame them for you not getting someone in your lineup when there are multiple other sources for information. Sheesh, if you care about your lineups this much, you would make time to make sure you get em right.
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:52 pm

Well, for one day in 2 1/2 months, I didn't. Considering the stakes in which I play fantasy baseball, moneywise (It costs about $250 a season to play in my league, as we charge an entrance fee, and then transaction fees, as well as fees for retaining keepers, etc.) I assure you I care PLENTY about my roster :-] It's not the end of the world. In fact, I had Coco Crisp starting too. So 2 of my potential 4 OF may get 1 AB apiece today, if that.

As for passing blame, um, yes, I can very well say that StatTracker didn't do what I paid for it to do, tell me who's playing and how they are doing throughout any given day. I generally check 10-15 minutes before a wave of games to see if guys have a 0/0 or -/- next to their names to see quickly if they're playing or not. I pay 10 bucks to get the vitals of my roster and only my roster in front of my face, without having to scan mlb.com, taking up my 2 minutes.

Could I have checked mlb.com? Certainly. But I pay 10 bucks so I don't have to. That's the only point I'm trying to make. It's not the end of the world that I missed out on 2 OF for a day. Mainly that I shelled out money for someting only to have it not work properly.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby inkognito » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:55 pm

jblank wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
rotterdam_82 wrote:
jblank wrote:

Oh come on!!!!!!!! It takes all of 2 minutes to go to mlb.com and scan the posted lineups. Stattracker sucks, yeah, we all know that, but dont sit here and blame them for you not getting someone in your lineup when there are multiple other sources for information. Sheesh, if you care about your lineups this much, you would make time to make sure you get em right.

You come on! What if you have an extremely narrow-brand connection? Have you ever surfed on a 50 kbps connection? Do you know how long it takes till MLB.com homepage loads? If you get to the computer at 12.55 and you have to load MLB.com, 5 gamedays, check them all and make changes to your roster? Not mentioning tha you may have up to four teams per one bought stattracker.
inkognito
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jblank » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:55 pm

Bro, I sympathize, really I do, but nothing in society that we pay for will work 100% of the time. I pay $150.00 a month for electricity, but every now and then, it goes off. I pay $120.00 a month for cable service, sometimes it goes off, same with Internet, etc. All I was saying was that you shouldnt rely on one source, especially when there are quick and easy alternatives should trouble arise. Overall, its been a good year for Stattracker, I can count on my hand the times its been down in 3+ months. Heck, my power has gone off at my house more times than that in the last 3 months.
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jblank » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:58 pm

inkognito wrote:
jblank wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
rotterdam_82 wrote:
jblank wrote:

You come on! What if you have an extremely narrow-brand connection? Have you ever surfed on a 50 kbps connection? Do you know how long it takes till MLB.com homepage loads? If you get to the computer at 12.55 and you have to load MLB.com, 5 gamedays, check them all and make changes to your roster? Not mentioning tha you may have up to four teams per one bought stattracker.

Well then what the hell do you want them to do refund your money when it goes down one time???? Should your cable company throw your bill away if you miss your favorite show? Should the power company give you a free month if a storm knocks your power out?

Companies cant and wont guarantee 100% uptime. God, some of you people need to grow up and realize that the world doesnt revolve around you, that sometimes problems arise, and that you need to adapt and overcome when problems happen. Stattracker wont work every time so plan accordingly, but dont come in here and piss and moan about them not being up for a few hours when they probably have 99%+ uptime. A couple of you guys act like Yahoo is out to get you and WANTS the service to go down.

Edit: For the record, I am not directing the comments in this post at Bighort. Its not an attack on him, just a commentary that people in general shouldnt expect everything they pay for to work 100% of the time and that its always good to have a backup plan for lineups.
Last edited by jblank on Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:58 pm

jblank wrote:Bro, I sympathize, really I do, but nothing in society that we pay for will work 100% of the time. I pay $150.00 a month for electricity, but every now and then, it goes off. I pay $120.00 a month for cable service, sometimes it goes off, same with Internet, etc. All I was saying was that you shouldnt rely on one source, especially when there are quick and easy alternatives should trouble arise. Overall, its been a good year for Stattracker, I can count on my hand the times its been down in 3+ months. Heck, my power has gone off at my house more times than that in the last 3 months.

I agree completely. StatTracker has been very reliable this season so far. This is the first time I noticed it go down prior to the day's games starting. The other two times I remember, it was in the middle of the 7 PM EST wave of games. So yeah, it's been good. And I agree that things don't always work, which was why I wasn't all fuming about missing out on Freel/Crisp today. More of a, "Oh well, that sucks." We're pretty much on the same page here.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jblank » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:01 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
jblank wrote:Bro, I sympathize, really I do, but nothing in society that we pay for will work 100% of the time. I pay $150.00 a month for electricity, but every now and then, it goes off. I pay $120.00 a month for cable service, sometimes it goes off, same with Internet, etc. All I was saying was that you shouldnt rely on one source, especially when there are quick and easy alternatives should trouble arise. Overall, its been a good year for Stattracker, I can count on my hand the times its been down in 3+ months. Heck, my power has gone off at my house more times than that in the last 3 months.

I agree completely. StatTracker has been very reliable this season so far. This is the first time I noticed it go down prior to the day's games starting. The other two times I remember, it was in the middle of the 7 PM EST wave of games. So yeah, it's been good. And I agree that things don't always work, which was why I wasn't all fuming about missing out on Freel/Crisp today. More of a, "Oh well, that sucks." We're pretty much on the same page here.

Good, glad to hear that. ;-D For the record, please dont think I was attacking you directly, nor do I think that you were out of line in your disappointment. The same thing has happened to me also at one point or another, so I feel for ya, I really do.

Take care bro.
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers