Maggs due back in a week or so - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Maggs due back in a week or so

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Tropico1804 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:38 pm

Don't think they'll survive the rest of the season riding on wang's back. good game vs tampa bay today ;-D
Tropico1804
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Slump Busters » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:38 pm

I picked up Maggs when he was on the DL, held him for a month or so and then realized there is always plenty of outfielders that become hot for a month or so and can be picked up. Ordonez is somewhat intriguing, but I dont think I will waste a spot on my roster.
Slump Busters
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Shadow of the Sun* » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:56 pm

Slump Busters wrote:I picked up Maggs when he was on the DL, held him for a month or so and then realized there is always plenty of outfielders that become hot for a month or so and can be picked up. Ordonez is somewhat intriguing, but I dont think I will waste a spot on my roster.

I think he is surely worth a shot. If you can pick him up I would.
Shadow of the Sun*
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby NY Yankees Fan 2004 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:42 pm

i just added him.. Why not take a chance for Free. If he doesnt do anything than I will just dump him, a no risk/reward situation ;-D
NY Yankees Fan 2004
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Ditka311 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:12 am

NY Yankees Fan 2004 wrote:i just added him.. Why not take a chance for Free. If he doesnt do anything than I will just dump him, a no risk/reward situation ;-D

exactly, i did that last night. he can ride the pine until he proves he is worthy of starting.

also have harden and schilling coming back soon.
Ditka311
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AT » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:48 am

Tropico1804 wrote:
Trot Nixon wrote:
I really can't wait for Maggs to come back and have a HUGE half season, I drafted him in the 1st round last year of my keeper league for some reason over Manny because he put up like #'s but could get 10 steals a year...ya...big mistake. He owes me big!

As a Sox fan? You should be ashamed of yourself and duly punished... It's only right that such a decision is haunting you.

Awwww. Is somebody a little testy because they finally realized the yanks aren't going to make the playoffs this year? It's ok we understand ;-D

Only a Red Sox fan would make such an ignorant comment and come off as a complete moron doing it. Well done, you guys are 3 games ahead of us in June. ;-D
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mcqfesijiba » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:32 am

beltrans_boy wrote:Magglio's injuries have hidden the fact that he's been in a clear decline for the last 3 years. Moving from Chicago to Detroit is only going to hurt his numbers even more.

Oh yeah, and there's the risk of future injury too.

He's a better option than a lot of players, but expecting anywhere near his 2002 or 2003 production would be a mistake, in my opinion. I hope he proves me wrong though, he seems like a real stand up guy.
Where's the evidence of this decline? In 2003, he posted his 2nd highest career OPS. In 2004, he still put up decent numbers despite playing injured much of the time. We still haven't really seen him this year. I see two possibly unrelated injuries that have hindered him, but I'm not seeing the signs of his decline just yet.

I think there are many better options for the rest of the year fantasy baseball-wise, but if he can stay healthy, he could bring a lot to this Tiger lineup.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Ditka311 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:37 pm

mcqfesijiba wrote:
beltrans_boy wrote:Magglio's injuries have hidden the fact that he's been in a clear decline for the last 3 years. Moving from Chicago to Detroit is only going to hurt his numbers even more.

Oh yeah, and there's the risk of future injury too.

He's a better option than a lot of players, but expecting anywhere near his 2002 or 2003 production would be a mistake, in my opinion. I hope he proves me wrong though, he seems like a real stand up guy.
Where's the evidence of this decline? In 2003, he posted his 2nd highest career OPS. In 2004, he still put up decent numbers despite playing injured much of the time. We still haven't really seen him this year. I see two possibly unrelated injuries that have hindered him, but I'm not seeing the signs of his decline just yet.

I think there are many better options for the rest of the year fantasy baseball-wise, but if he can stay healthy, he could bring a lot to this Tiger lineup.

Nicely said, I agree. (and I am a White Sox fan)
Ditka311
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tropico1804 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:50 pm

Tropico1804 wrote:
Quote:
Trot Nixon wrote:
I really can't wait for Maggs to come back and have a HUGE half season, I drafted him in the 1st round last year of my keeper league for some reason over Manny because he put up like #'s but could get 10 steals a year...ya...big mistake. He owes me big!

As a Sox fan? You should be ashamed of yourself and duly punished... It's only right that such a decision is haunting you.

Awwww. Is somebody a little testy because they finally realized the yanks aren't going to make the playoffs this year? It's ok we understand thumbs.gif

Only a Red Sox fan would make such an ignorant comment and come off as a complete moron doing it. Well done, you guys are 3 games ahead of us in June. thumbs.gif

ignorant comment? complete moron? wow u really are sore about paying an abhorrent amount of money for a team that loses to tampa bay. ;-D
Tropico1804
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers