Maggs due back in a week or so - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Maggs due back in a week or so

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Maggs due back in a week or so

Postby cordscords » Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:22 am

Jun 19 Ordonez (hernia) has been progressing well and could be back in the Detroit lineup sometime next week, the Booth Newspapers report.

Recommendation: Ordonez said Saturday that he could start a rehab assignment in a couple of days. He believes he'll need only about a week in the minors to get ready, and general manager Dave Dombrowski agreed with that assessment. Should all this happen that means Ordonez could return during the next homestand, which begins June 28 against the Chicago White Sox. That would be well ahead of the original estimation of a return after the All-Star break.

I don't care that most of you say, I'm a Maggs supporter! Here is to a strong second half ;-D
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rotterdam_82 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:38 am

Fantastic news ;-D

He's been sat on my DL all season long, he was a fantastic sleeper coming into the season and a Hernia (an injury that could happen to just about anyone) isn't going to change my mind.

Would .300 15 60 be too much to ask? Maybe 5 steals as well?
Rate my team, leave me a link!
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Irish » Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:41 am

rotterdam_82 wrote:Fantastic news ;-D

He's been sat on my DL all season long, he was a fantastic sleeper coming into the season and a Hernia (an injury that could happen to just about anyone) isn't going to change my mind.

Yes it would.

I think a healthy second half may also be too much to ask. I have zero faith in this guy. Ofcourse, I will also be keeping an eye on him cause he's sitting on my waiver, forgetten about with a low yahoo ranking. So hopefully if he does heat up i can snatch him.

But, let's just say Maggs coming back doesn't get me extremely excited. :-/
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rotterdam_82 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:30 pm

Irish wrote:

Yes it would.

I think a healthy second half may also be too much to ask. I have zero faith in this guy.

You know, I still don't quite understand this point of view. He had his injury last year and recovered from it pretty well by all accounts, and was raring to go entering the season. Up until last year he was good for 150+ games for all but his rookie season (145). infact, i dont think he's ever even sniffed the DL before '04.

The guy gets a hernia and all of a sudden he's Ken Griffy Jr. Someone please explain?
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby benjapage » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:45 pm

yeah, rotoworld blew up my spot. i was hoping to wait until odalis perez got off of the DL, so i could just pop maggs into that slot...consequently, i had to drop a pitcher (i like to keep a bench-full of pitchers so i can rotate 'em in and out) and burn the spot.

anyway, like tram, i'm excited to have maggs on the team. should be interesting to see how he responds to playing every day. might take him a couple weeks to warm up.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Gang Green » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:49 pm

rotterdam_82 wrote:
Irish wrote:

Yes it would.

I think a healthy second half may also be too much to ask. I have zero faith in this guy.

You know, I still don't quite understand this point of view. He had his injury last year and recovered from it pretty well by all accounts, and was raring to go entering the season. Up until last year he was good for 150+ games for all but his rookie season (145). infact, i dont think he's ever even sniffed the DL before '04.

The guy gets a hernia and all of a sudden he's Ken Griffy Jr. Someone please explain?

Well reasoned out. ;-D Here's to a productive 2nd half for Maggs.
I could be wrong in what I'm saying but I'll be dead before I realize it.
Gang Green
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Irish » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:54 pm

rotterdam_82 wrote:
Irish wrote:

Yes it would.

Well, he had all the issues with his knee, which I was wary of. Then suddenly he goes down with a hernia. It just seems like it's not really worth p;icking him up unless you have someone useless to drop.

By all means, I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see I guess.
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rotterdam_82 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:03 pm

It just seems like it's not really worth p;icking him up unless you have someone useless to drop.

Define useless? I'll be dropping either Crisp or Preston Wilson. I think he's easily a better option that those two once he proves himself healthy.

Again, let me reiterate my point. We are not talking about an injury prone player here. He's just had an unlucky year. Plenty of players make a full recovery from sugery, especially those of his calibre.
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Irish » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:55 pm

rotterdam_82 wrote:
It just seems like it's not really worth p;icking him up unless you have someone useless to drop.

Define useless? I'll be dropping either Crisp or Preston Wilson. I think he's easily a better option that those two once he proves himself healthy.

Again, let me reiterate my point. We are not talking about an injury prone player here. He's just had an unlucky year. Plenty of players make a full recovery from sugery, especially those of his calibre.

I mean useless(wrong word I admit) as in someone you have riding your bench or someone that you picked up when they were hot and now suck(AKA Tino Martinez).

For me to get him I would have to drop mench, which I'm obviously not gonna do yet.

I just don't think someone should pick him up presuming he's gonna be the same guy he was a few years ago. If you can take the risk without hurting your club, by all means do it. I'm just more skeptical of Maggs then a normal DL player.
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pibb55 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:54 pm

Wow this is a lot sooner than I had in my mind for him returning, people were saying it would be another month at least... I'm a big believer in Maggs. You cant argue with a 102 R, 32 HR, 118 RBI, 14 SB, .300 + AVG over the 5 year span of 1999-2003. He had one knee injury and now people act like hes some scrub or some old man that has had reaccuring knee problems his whole career. ;-D
pibb55
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers