HEADS UP Chris Young Owners! Won't start Sunday!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

HEADS UP Chris Young Owners! Won't start Sunday!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

HEADS UP Chris Young Owners! Won't start Sunday!!!

Postby Madison » Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:16 am

Chris Young will not start for the Rangers on Sunday.

Due to the Rangers designating Astacio for assignment ( ;-D YES YES YES!!!! ;-D ), callup C. J. Wilson will be starting for the Rangers on Sunday and Young will be pushed back one day to Monday against the Angels.

Makes sense to give the lefthanded kid the ball against the Nationals rather than the Angles and with the way Young has pitched, I'd rather have him against the Angels than Wilson. Good call by Ranger's management here I think. ;-D

Wilson hasn't been spectacular though. Had Tommy John surgery in '03, so missed the '04 season and hasn't been that good this year so far. Not real sure why he's getting the ball instead of Benoit or someone else, but that's the choice the Rangers have made. It will be his first major league start, so here's hoping the Ranger bats stay hot. I've got a feeling we just might need it. Then again, I'm sure Loaiza will be serving up some gopher balls for us. :-D

Oh, and I'll be at the game with good seats, so I'll report what I think about Wilson at some point Sunday evening. ;-D

Hope everyone has a chance to see this. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:51 am

Dang - I had hoped to have the two starts from Young - not to mention that I fear the LAA line-up more than the Nats. Oh well, I guess he'll have two starts next week - need to see who the 2nd is against.

So while maybe a good call by Texas - messes my team up a little this week.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby DGroundhog » Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:04 am

No doubt, nice spin from a Ranger fan standpoint but from a fantasy standpoint you are screwed out of a solid matchup opportunity.

Good move though, allows an extra day of rest for the long run.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:15 pm

Ok, got to see Wilson pitch and he did pitch better than his line suggested. He got into trouble in the first inning by giving up a single the other way on a defensive swing. Good work by the hitter on that one. The other 3 singles in the inning were all through the gap between Blalock and Young. Only 1 of the 3 were hit pretty hard. All in all, just some bad luck in that first inning.

Other than that, he looked pretty good. Hitting 90-91 on the gun consistantly too. I'd like to see another start out of him before saying he will be any good this year, but I'm pretty sure that I like him over Astacio. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ilsa » Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:23 pm

I was at the game too, and he looked pretty good all things considered.

I was actually really surprised that Brocail pitched so lights out; hopefully he can keep it up and turn his year around. Coco managed not to implode in a non-save situation for once. :-D

I wasn't sure what happened to Kim during one of Young's at bats. I guess he was injured but from the stands it looked like the umps were checking something out.
:-?
ilsa
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:43 am

ilsa wrote:I was at the game too, and he looked pretty good all things considered.

Where were you sitting? Row 29 right behind the logo on top of the Ranger's dugout sitting with Doyle Alexander for me. :-)

ilsa wrote:Coco managed not to implode in a non-save situation for once. :-D

I know. Scared me when they brought him in being down 8-2. :-o

ilsa wrote:I wasn't sure what happened to Kim during one of Young's at bats. I guess he was injured but from the stands it looked like the umps were checking something out.
:-?

I knew it was an injury when it happened. I figured it was a ribcage strain or something. They never said what the injury was, but I checked it out when I got home and the reports said forearm cramps. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Madison » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:18 am

Oddly enough, I went to tonight's Ranger game and happened to see Wilson's second start.

Recap: He kept hitting 92-93 on the gun, but the Angels made very solid contact off of him. Wasn't anything like his first start where there were just a few unlucky locations on some of the balls not hit that hard. His stuff got hit very hard tonight. The Angels have been hot, but it's still not a good sign for him, or the Rangers. :-/
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Return to Baseball Leftovers