Miley Pool - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Miley Pool

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Miley Pool

Postby thehat » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:29 am

Ok, it sure looks like Dave Miley is about to get pink slipped in Cincinnati. Anyone care to pick a date for his dismissal?

I'm going to go with Monday, June 27. It's an off day for the Reds and if they limp out of Cleveland with yet another series loss (which sure seems likely at this point), I'll say that's movin' day for Miley.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beltrans_boy » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:37 am

I think he's going to last until the All-Star break. I'll take July 11th as the day Miley gets fired.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:56 am

If the Braves complete the sweep, and with STL coming to town M-W, if they've lost 10 straight come Thursday, and with the sniping comments Dunn has made, I can see it happening as soon as Thursday.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby bdrotoronto » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:14 pm

June 21 wins!! :-)

Good riddance to bad rubbish. :-t As a former Freel owner, this guy drove me crazy the way he platooned his players around, usually to get useless hacks like Aurilia playing time. It's not like he was any better for real-life Reds fans than fantasy owners, I suspect.
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby benjapage » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:22 pm

it needs to be said that o'brien is using miley as a scapegoat. miley knows how to win when the playing field is relatively even. he proved it in the minors for many, many years. gullett was justly fired, as a guy who consistently did nothing to straighten out pitchers.

but i can't stand for the miley bashing. it's not merited. you try to win with milton, ortiz and co. :-P

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:42 pm

bdrotoronto wrote:June 21 wins!! :-)

Good riddance to bad rubbish. :-t As a former Freel owner, this guy drove me crazy the way he platooned his players around, usually to get useless hacks like Aurilia playing time. It's not like he was any better for real-life Reds fans than fantasy owners, I suspect.

"Missed it by that much."
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby thehat » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:21 pm

Dawgpound 1613 wrote:If the Braves complete the sweep, and with STL coming to town M-W, if they've lost 10 straight come Thursday, and with the sniping comments Dunn has made, I can see it happening as soon as Thursday.

An outstanding call, you're closest without going over. I bow to your superior intellect. ;-D
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby beltrans_boy » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:24 pm

thehat wrote:
Dawgpound 1613 wrote:If the Braves complete the sweep, and with STL coming to town M-W, if they've lost 10 straight come Thursday, and with the sniping comments Dunn has made, I can see it happening as soon as Thursday.

An outstanding call, you're closest without going over. I bow to your superior intellect. ;-D

;-D

I was way off. :-/
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers