Ervin Santana: Pitching Today! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ervin Santana: Pitching Today!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby rocky123 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:47 pm

Now that he's getting spanked do we still have such a high opinion of Ervin?I have until 7pm to adjust my bid for him so I'll reserve judgement for a few innings. I want to see how the kid comes back from that rough 1st inning. If he countinues to tank then I might not try so hard for him but if he gets his act together and is impressive from this point on I'll still try to pick him up. Anyone can have one bad inning, let's see what kind of heart he has now.
Finally The Rock has come back....to New York City!!
rocky123
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rocky123 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:19 pm

Youch, he's out of the game already. Line looks pretty bad:

IP H R ER BB K HR SeasonERA
E. Santana 2.2 8 7 7 2 3 1 5.73

Gotta think real hard about picking him up now. Might just grab Redman or Victor Santos instead.
rocky123
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jblank » Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:18 pm

rocky123 wrote:Youch, he's out of the game already. Line looks pretty bad:

Gotta think real hard about picking him up now. Might just grab Redman or Victor Santos instead.

Why would you just not go after Redman? Thats a no brainer, the guys ERA is under 3.00 and he has been rock solid and consistent all season.
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rocky123 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:30 pm

jblank wrote:

Why would you just not go after Redman? Thats a no brainer, the guys ERA is under 3.00 and he has been rock solid and consistent all season.

Redman's career ERA is 4.21 and his career record is under .500. He is also on a much worse team overall so he will have to keep pitching like this to scrape together some wins while Santana can slip up(not like today of course)and still pick up some wins because of the team behind him.
rocky123
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jblank » Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:37 pm

rocky123 wrote:
jblank wrote:

Redman's career ERA is 4.21 and his career record is under .500. He is also on a much worse team overall so he will have to keep pitching like this to scrape together some wins while Santana can slip up(not like today of course)and still pick up some wins because of the team behind him.

Yeah but you know you are getting a fairly solid, consistent guy, thats gonna have a mid 3.00's ERA and get some wins. With Santana, he could have a few more blow ups like this, be wildly inconsistent (as he has been in his past) and perhaps be sent down again if Escobar doesnt opt for surgery. Redman seems like a good bet to win more games and outperform Santana in every category except K's. Its your team, do what you want and best of luck, but if Mark Redman was still available in any of my leagues, I would grab him.
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rocky123 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:41 pm

jblank wrote:
rocky123 wrote:
jblank wrote:

Yeah but you know you are getting a fairly solid, consistent guy, thats gonna have a mid 3.00's ERA and get some wins. With Santana, he could have a few more blow ups like this, be wildly inconsistent (as he has been in his past) and perhaps be sent down again if Escobar doesnt opt for surgery. Redman seems like a good bet to win more games and outperform Santana in every category except K's. Its your team, do what you want and best of luck, but if Mark Redman was still available in any of my leagues, I would grab him.

Well I did adjust my priority to Redman first then Santana but I have about 20 more minutes to mull it over. I'm just thinking long term because it's a keeper league. BTW, Redman's ERA has only been under 4.2 once in his career so a mid 3.00 ERA is hardly a lock. 20 miniutes until my deadline :-o
rocky123
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jblank » Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:47 pm

Well, if its a keeper, that might alter the strategy a bit. :-/
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rocky123 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:50 pm

Haha, yeah. I'm still antsy over this less than 10 minutes to go. Real GMs must all have ulcers.
rocky123
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rocky123 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:11 pm

Well, I wound up dropping Ishii and Lidle and picking up Redman and Reitsma for $3 each.
rocky123
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers