Ervin Santana: Pitching Today! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ervin Santana: Pitching Today!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ervin Santana: Pitching Today!

Postby benjapage » Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:56 pm

cbssportsline:
LATEST NEWS
Angels RHP Paul Byrd, Sunday's scheduled starter, was pushed back to Monday against Texas because of tightness in his triceps. Ervin Santana, filling in for the injured Kelvim Escobar (elbow), will move up a day in the rotation and start Sunday on his normal rest.
(Updated 06/18/2005).
FANTASY ANALYSIS
Santana pitched under control in his last outing against Washington Tuesday. Consider starting him in AL-only leagues that allow daily lineup changes. This move, of course, eliminates his chances of a two-start week next week.

a more favorable opponent than his previously scheduled texas, i should say. don't know 'bout y'all, but he was on my bench. this is a heads-up in case he's on yours.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:03 am

What kind of line do you expect out of him Sunday? I just picked him up for a spot start, and I'm hoping he can put up some decent numbers against a dangerous(but underachieving) Marlins lineup.
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby beltrans_boy » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:07 am

StudentOfTheGame wrote:What kind of line do you expect out of him Sunday? I just picked him up for a spot start, and I'm hoping he can put up some decent numbers against a dangerous(but underachieving) Marlins lineup.

If Lackey can shut 'em down, I see no reason why Santana shouldn't be able to do the same. I should've picked this guy up when I had the chance.

:-t
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby benjapage » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:11 am

6.2 inn, 2 er, 7k, 2bb, 6h

i'm a big fan.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby FlawedReasoning » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:36 am

benjapage wrote:6.2 inn, 2 er, 7k, 2bb, 6h

i'm a big fan.

b

I'm thinking about taking a flier on him myself, but what are the chances that he sticks around? If he's just going to get kicked off when Escobar gets back, then it doesn't seem worth it... I don't know much about what's going on with the Angels' pitching situation right now. Any ideas?
FlawedReasoning
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby djack909 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:48 am

I'm spot starting him tomorrow.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thehat » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:53 am

FlawedReasoning wrote:
benjapage wrote:6.2 inn, 2 er, 7k, 2bb, 6h

i'm a big fan.

b

I'm thinking about taking a flier on him myself, but what are the chances that he sticks around? If he's just going to get kicked off when Escobar gets back, then it doesn't seem worth it... I don't know much about what's going on with the Angels' pitching situation right now. Any ideas?

I mentioned this last week before he came back up, but it's worth repeating. IMO, there's no way Santana goes back to SLC if he continues to impress.

The guy on the hot seat could end being Byrd, particularly now that his constantly sore arm is acting up again.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby AKhomebrewer » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:34 am

thehat wrote:The guy on the hot seat could end being Byrd, particularly now that his constantly sore arm is acting up again.

Not like Escobar's been the picture of health, either. I wouldn't count on him any time soon. Santana will stick if he gets the job done.
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:50 am

cool. this is awesome...i needed someone to pitch this sunday, but i didn't want to pick up anyone...now that santana is picthing i don't have to worry anymore. ;-D

so...after a rough first outing in the majors he's been great...and he's pitching at home where he was spetacular last time...hopefully he'll pitch well again... ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby DGroundhog » Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:49 am

I'm on the bandwagon, appreciate the heads up.

I now have Johan and the Santana formerly known as Johan pitching the same day.

I've been waiting for that to happen for longer than Ervin has been in the league. I'm psyched! I hope my boys live up to the self created drama. :-D

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers