Last chance to buy cheap on Helton this year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Last chance to buy cheap on Helton this year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Octavian » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:57 am

tms298 wrote:Helton is as his cheapest ever right now. I just got him basically as a throw in for my pujols/lidge for his santana/helton.

You've been boonswaggled man. Throw in? More like he needed to add Helton and someone else to the deal to even it up. You got taken for a ride.
Octavian
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nikku88 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:20 am

tms298 wrote:Helton is as his cheapest ever right now. I just got him basically as a throw in for my pujols/lidge for his santana/helton.

Thrown in? As in you almost did this trade without Helton?
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DGroundhog » Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:26 am

I sure hope it's the last chance to buy low on him. I went corner IF early this year and got burned twice so far (1Santana 2Helton, 3Chavez 4Jeter). If the 2 guys I drafted to anchor my offense start hitting it's over.

The Pujols/Lidge Santana/Helton trade isn't really that bad. I'd agree you probably got the short end, but not by as much as most do. If Helton goes on a tear you could come out ahead, but I don't expect that kind of explosion out of him anymore. RP has been fairly easy to come by IMO, so trading Lidge might not be that painful. If you have another option at 1B (Lee?) I'd be shopping Pujols too.

At least you made a move in an attempt to improve your team.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Half Massed » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:04 pm

could be a keeper league for that trade...and if he really needed pitching for the future and had an overloaded offense built up through a few years with young guys like tex, it could be a good trade for him. don't judge it without knowing the rest of the story. however most likely, it's not the best trade.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:16 pm

SominaDei wrote:

You've been boonswaggled man. Throw in? More like he needed to add Helton and someone else to the deal to even it up. You got taken for a ride.

he didnt get ripped at all. i wouldnt call helton a throw in, but this is a very even trade. geez heltons averaged 340 over the last 5 years, then he starts this year in a slump and you all panic.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby pibb55 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:12 pm

It might just be a slump but there are also rumors that its due to the fact that he can't take some of the supplements that he used to be able to (Flax Seed Oil, particularily). In an interview with a major leaguer, they claimed that an enormousily high amount of major leaguers took Flax Seed Oil, because it keeps your stamina up and increases testosterone levels. I dont know which story I believe but Helton shouldnt be hitting .269 at Coors Field when hes a career .371 hitter there.
pibb55
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dyuen87 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:19 pm

:-o man.. if everyone in my league could play like you.. id be in first place. no doubt. wow.. did yu get ripped
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers