Your NL MVP....Craig Counsell? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Your NL MVP....Craig Counsell?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

maybe not

Postby DbacksAllTheWay » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:29 pm

I like Counsell and I would say he isnt the MVP of the team, that would have to be Mr. Clutch Tony Clark. This guy is an allstar if he had more at-bats. He comes up with all the big hits. Kruk doesn't know what he's talking, the real MVP is Derrek Lee. By the way, kingctb who is that in ur sig?
DbacksAllTheWay
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby MMoNeY24 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:46 pm

That is laughable. I'd like to see Derek Lee win the triple crown and D-Backs win the division, I wonder if he'll stand by saying Counsell for MVP.

Maybe comeback player of the year, if they count sucking hard forever then doing good a comeback. :-?
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:31 pm

He was also the ESPN analyst that GUARANTEED that randy johnson would have 30 wins this year. He is an idiot. Id say almost as bad a Jeff Brantley who said David Eckstein is the NL SS all star for sure (before Barmes hurt himself). They need to find some more qualified announcers if ESPN is to remain reputable.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby beltrans_boy » Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:36 pm

If one-nut Kruk wants to pull for Counsell, I fully support that decision. At least he's an entertaining moron. I'm pretty sure they could wheel out a corpse, put glasses and a Red Sox hat on it, and most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between it and Peter Gammons.

8-o
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WharfRat » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:07 am

I like what he has to say about the Blue Jays. They're flying under the radar, he doesn't know how good they are, and he doesn't know how they stack up against the other teams in their division. I can't wait until his next column to find out what else he doesn't know. Pffff. :-P
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby GiantFan666 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:07 am

beltrans_boy wrote:If one-nut Kruk wants to pull for Counsell, I fully support that decision. At least he's an entertaining moron. I'm pretty sure they could wheel out a corpse, put glasses and a Red Sox hat on it, and most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between it and Peter Gammons.

8-o

Now thats just silly... We all know that Gammons has been dead for 10 years and they just replaced him w/ an audio-animatronic from Disneyland!
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby thehat » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:14 am

beltrans_boy wrote:If one-nut Kruk wants to pull for Counsell, I fully support that decision. At least he's an entertaining moron.

8-o

Moe, Larry and Curly were entertaining morons. Kruk, Reynolds and Brantley are just morons. Jeez, I just realized that Kruk could actually almost pass for Curly.

BB, the little chimp with the baseball bat that you're using for an avatar is probably more entertaining, and quite possibly more knowledgeable than any of the aforementioned.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby beltrans_boy » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:20 am

thehat wrote:
beltrans_boy wrote:If one-nut Kruk wants to pull for Counsell, I fully support that decision. At least he's an entertaining moron.

8-o

Moe, Larry and Curly were entertaining morons. Kruk, Reynolds and Brantley are just morons. Jeez, I just realized that Kruk could actually almost pass for Curly.

BB, the little chimp with the baseball bat that you're using for an avatar is probably more entertaining, and quite possibly more knowledgeable than any of the aforementioned.

Hey now, don't diss the chimp! :-b

But seriously, everybody knows the BT crew is a bunch of useless clogheads, so why not put somebody on who's lighthearted about it. At least Kruk can laugh at himself. Reynolds and Brantley are always up there, "Blah blah I'm so important, I like hearing myself talk". They take themselves too seriously, and Krukkers is a breathe of fresh air (for me at least).

I don't know whether that's an indictment of the aforementioned duo or an endorsment of Kruk...probably a little of both.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:32 am

GiantFan666 wrote:
beltrans_boy wrote:If one-nut Kruk wants to pull for Counsell, I fully support that decision. At least he's an entertaining moron. I'm pretty sure they could wheel out a corpse, put glasses and a Red Sox hat on it, and most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between it and Peter Gammons.

8-o

Now thats just silly... We all know that Gammons has been dead for 10 years and they just replaced him w/ an audio-animatronic from Disneyland!

If you haven't visited this page

http://humbug.baseballtoaster.com/

you should...especially on the left hand side about halfway down, click on the "Random Diamond Notes Generator"
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers