sell high list - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

sell high list

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Iconoclastic » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:29 pm

WittyC wrote:Luis Gonzalez -- Will go on the DL after 'Zona falls out of the race.


I disagree on both counts. He's not a sissy and Zona has the talent to contend this year in a weak division. They're a completely different team from last year.

Roger Clemens is a sell high candidate. He's pitching out of his mind right now and at his age he should run out of steam in the 2nd half. Give him to someone who thinks they're getting an ace.
[b]Bold Predictions:[/b]

Grady Sizemore will have more value than Jason Bay regardless of draft position

Aramis Ramirez in 155 G will hit over .300 40 HR 110 RBIs

Brian McCann will have more value than Jorge Posada regardless of draft position
Iconoclastic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 795
Joined: 5 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Papi's Pimps » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:34 pm

Iconoclastic wrote:
WittyC wrote:Luis Gonzalez -- Will go on the DL after 'Zona falls out of the race.


I disagree on both counts. He's not a sissy and Zona has the talent to contend this year in a weak division. They're a completely different team from last year.

Roger Clemens is a sell high candidate. He's pitching out of his mind right now and at his age he should run out of steam in the 2nd half. Give him to someone who thinks they're getting an ace.


Yeah, but the Red Sox thought the same thing about Clemens a few Cy Young awards ago. He's a freak of nature, there's no predicting him.
Image

Pimpin' Aint Easy!!!
Big Papi's Pimps
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1067
Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Boston, MA - The City of Champions!!!

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:40 pm

baseballnewb wrote:Any first year hitter who started the year at the majors and that includes Sizemore. Almost all rookie hitters slow down the second half because they aren't used to playing that long of a season and the pitchers make adjustments to them.



You have any facts to back that up? I took a quick look through some guys for 2003 and 2004 and saw no consistent trend.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 5516
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Happy Valley

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:44 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
baseballnewb wrote:Any first year hitter who started the year at the majors and that includes Sizemore. Almost all rookie hitters slow down the second half because they aren't used to playing that long of a season and the pitchers make adjustments to them.



You have any facts to back that up? I took a quick look through some guys for 2003 and 2004 and saw no consistent trend.


That's because there isn't one :-b
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 307)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Postby George_Foreman » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:52 pm

eftda wrote:Anything selling Green? I'm trying. :-/


this would be selling green low. he'll have a big second half and will finish the year hitting at least .290 with 30 homers. i'm a big fan of green, and i think what we saw recently is more indicative of what's to come than his early season numbers.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4351
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at Morimoto's, eating $50 worth of sushi

Postby pibb55 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:44 pm

My Sell High List

D Lee- His value is unbelievable high right now, he will drop off slightly, but will still be his best year in the bigs.

C Floyd- Hes got the talent but he doesn't have the body. He will be on the DL within a month.

Buehrle and Garland- Balls are gonna start flying out of US Cellular soon, and Buehrle and Garland both gave up 30+ HRs last year, I expect there ERAs to drop to really high 3's or low-mid 4s

Roger- I dont care how well conditioned he is, hes not gonna keep up a 1.53 ERA

Kenny Rogers- Career 4+ ERA and 1.4 WHIP, pitching in a hitters park, its all downhill from here.
pibb55
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 499
Joined: 10 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby duckbillgates » Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:34 pm

Laean wrote:
scb175 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:d lee
c lee
hillenbrand
ensburg
rogers
brian roberts


If carlos lee slows down, i'd be very shocked. The guy always tears it up after the all star break. That brewers lineup will be interesting to watch, and could provide a lot of RBI's. Man, i'd buy Lee up right now and ride him to your championship. Keep him if you got him


yeah i don't see any reason why carlos lee will slow down either. it's not like his batting average is significantly better than his career avg, his k/bb is on pace with his career avg, etc. i don't think he's a sell high candidate.


He is, however, a "sell really high" candidate, as I just got Beltran and Sheets for him (desperately needed a top-tier starter).
But Lee has about a three-year pattern of being a much better after the break.
Either that pattern comes to an end or Lee has a MONSTER season. I'm leaning toward the latter.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."
— Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
duckbillgates
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1216
Joined: 1 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: under a dead Ohio sky

Postby RAmst23 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:14 pm

Wow, that's not selling high when you get Sheets and Beltran for Carlos Lee. That's robbing a dumb owner (Good job btw).

I wouldn't bet against Clemens in the 2nd half, just because everytime you think Clemens won't perform he turns around and does even better.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1986
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 6 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sitting on the steps of Busch Stadium

Postby jzfran » Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:28 pm

pibb55 wrote:My Sell High List

D Lee- His value is unbelievable high right now, he will drop off slightly, but will still be his best year in the bigs.

C Floyd- Hes got the talent but he doesn't have the body. He will be on the DL within a month.

Buehrle and Garland- Balls are gonna start flying out of US Cellular soon, and Buehrle and Garland both gave up 30+ HRs last year, I expect there ERAs to drop to really high 3's or low-mid 4s

Roger- I dont care how well conditioned he is, hes not gonna keep up a 1.53 ERA

Kenny Rogers- Career 4+ ERA and 1.4 WHIP, pitching in a hitters park, its all downhill from here.

Add in: B Roberts-a total 1st half career player. He cannot keep this up!
D-Train-No one is willing to buy him high off of me right now so I stil got him.
Guardado-injury looming? He cant play with a torn rotator cuff for the whole season!
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2322
Joined: 4 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Laean » Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:48 pm

RAmst23 wrote:Wow, that's not selling high when you get Sheets and Beltran for Carlos Lee. That's robbing a dumb owner (Good job btw).

I wouldn't bet against Clemens in the 2nd half, just because everytime you think Clemens won't perform he turns around and does even better.


exactly. i think you got the wrong definition of what "sell high" means duckbill.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2595
Joined: 16 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 16:57 hours
(and 96 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact