sell high list - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

sell high list

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby cordscords » Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:42 pm

Dontrelle Willis- Tails off after the all-star break, suspect bullpen behind him.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TB13 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:08 pm

Trot Nixon wrote:What about Grady Sizemore? Is he a sell high or is he legit? But I agree with D Lee, hitting out of his mind right now.

No, Sizemore is legit. Sometimes people forget just how highly touted of a prospect he was. He is going to be a 25 hr/30 steal threat for a long time. He is only now beginning to realize a portion of it.

Sell-High list:

D. Lee
D-Train
Brian Roberts
G. Chacin
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Half Massed » Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:29 pm

sell high:

d. lee
hunter
ensberg
sanders
roberts
burrell

garland
colon
rogers
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby INKcogKNEEdough » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:28 pm

Despite the fact i recently traded for him(as far as im concerned i got him for veryyyyyyyy little) i STILL think A.Harang is about to falter quite a bit
"There was shrinkage!".....(George costanza)

Http://www.briliantdonkey.blogspot.com
INKcogKNEEdough
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DEF » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:34 pm

Laean wrote:
scb175 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:d lee
c lee
hillenbrand
ensburg
rogers
brian roberts

If carlos lee slows down, i'd be very shocked. The guy always tears it up after the all star break. That brewers lineup will be interesting to watch, and could provide a lot of RBI's. Man, i'd buy Lee up right now and ride him to your championship. Keep him if you got him

yeah i don't see any reason why carlos lee will slow down either. it's not like his batting average is significantly better than his career avg, his k/bb is on pace with his career avg, etc. i don't think he's a sell high candidate.

I thought the same thing at first, then I was wondering if "c lee" might refer to Cliff Lee? He's off to a solid start but was horrible after the break last year, so he would definitely be a guy to sell if you could get value for him (might be tough with last year's collapse). As for Carlos, I definitely wouldn't list him as a sell high. He usually heats up as the summer goes on. Just because he got going earlier than usual this year doesn't mean he'll slow down in the second half.
"I'm telling ya, he jumped us. Gloves off, stick down, no warning. He challenged the Chiefs. Called us names. But Dave was there."

"Dave's a killer."

"Yeah, Dave's a killer."

"Dave's a mess."
DEF
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Laean » Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:20 pm

DEF wrote:
Laean wrote:
scb175 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:d lee
c lee
hillenbrand
ensburg
rogers
brian roberts

If carlos lee slows down, i'd be very shocked. The guy always tears it up after the all star break. That brewers lineup will be interesting to watch, and could provide a lot of RBI's. Man, i'd buy Lee up right now and ride him to your championship. Keep him if you got him

yeah i don't see any reason why carlos lee will slow down either. it's not like his batting average is significantly better than his career avg, his k/bb is on pace with his career avg, etc. i don't think he's a sell high candidate.

I thought the same thing at first, then I was wondering if "c lee" might refer to Cliff Lee? He's off to a solid start but was horrible after the break last year, so he would definitely be a guy to sell if you could get value for him (might be tough with last year's collapse). As for Carlos, I definitely wouldn't list him as a sell high. He usually heats up as the summer goes on. Just because he got going earlier than usual this year doesn't mean he'll slow down in the second half.

haha cliff lee. man that's annoying getting them mixed up all the time. he has no business sharing carlos's initials. yeah i'd say he's a sell high candidate as well.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WittyC » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:09 am

Brian Roberts -- Contacts or no contacts, he's not this good.
Luis Gonzalez -- Will go on the DL after 'Zona falls out of the race.
Torii Hunter -- Won't completely fall off, but won't keep up current pace.
Chad Cordero -- The Nationals aren't good enough to give him as many opps in the second half.
Livan Hernandez -- Eats up innings, but first half value inflated by wins. See above.
Eddie Guardado -- I just don't trust the guy to stay healthy and continue at this pace.

That's my short list.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RAmst23 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:31 am

I never like seeing Brian Roberts on Sell High lists. Unless you can get some crazy 3rd round talent plus for him, keep the guy. He plays at a shallow position, will be a huge plus in Runs and SBs. Also will give you .300 (hopefully), so that's a significant 3 category impact from a shallow position.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby baseballnewb » Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:32 am

Any first year hitter who started the year at the majors and that includes Sizemore. Almost all rookie hitters slow down the second half because they aren't used to playing that long of a season and the pitchers make adjustments to them.
baseballnewb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers