sell high list - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

sell high list

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:14 pm

saxeT1979 wrote:Who is Isanez?

I started to post that, too. Then I realized he meant Ibanez.

I don't list D. Lee, because while I don't think he'll keep this up, he's not likely to fall very far. I'm looking at guys who might be playing in the top 50 or 100 players, who I think will be ranked at least 100 places lower.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sunspot » Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:17 pm

How about a couple Brewers:

Doug Davis
Brady Clark
Sunspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jskidder » Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:37 pm

does anyone think myers might be pitching a bit over his head right now? i know he has potential but i have to wonder if this is his breakout season a la ben sheets last year or if he will fade in the second half.
jskidder
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dodger Blue » Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:56 pm

Laean wrote:derrek lee. he'll still be good, but not the best player in baseball. he's hitting better right now than when ichiro broke the single season hits record last year. better ichiro contract + power? nope.

His average may go down a tad but he is a 2nd half player. I wouldn't be suprised with 40hr. 125RBI .340.
Dodger Blue
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Laean » Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:04 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:

I don't list D. Lee, because while I don't think he'll keep this up, he's not likely to fall very far. I'm looking at guys who might be playing in the top 50 or 100 players, who I think will be ranked at least 100 places lower.

well, i expect him to finish this year with around .340 to .350 avg this year, and that means he's going to hit around .310 to .320 rest of the way. that's still good, but that's a huge drop off from .385 that he is hitting right now. if you can trade him for a .300 hitter with more history of power (manny), or power + speed (abreu), or shallow positions (soriano, tejada), i think you should.

also, keep in mind that derrek lee has around 50 runs and 50 rbis while hitting .385. there are plenty of players hitting only .300 that's getting 50 runs and 50 rbis right now. once derrek lee's average comes down, his runs and rbis are going to slow down, while the other players are likely to maintain that .300 avg all season. this isn't lee's fault or anything, it just goes to show how sucky the cubs lineup around him is right now. if derrek had been on the orioles this year and been hitting .385, i bet he'd have 60+ runs and 60+ rbis already.

lee's definitely a trade high candidate. not for anyone or a mid rounder of course, but if someone offers you a 1st or 2nd rounder, i'd consider it.
Last edited by Laean on Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Laean » Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:09 pm

Dodger Blue wrote:
Laean wrote:derrek lee. he'll still be good, but not the best player in baseball. he's hitting better right now than when ichiro broke the single season hits record last year. better ichiro contract + power? nope.

His average may go down a tad but he is a 2nd half player. I wouldn't be suprised with 40hr. 125RBI .340.

i think he'll hit .340 too, though i think his homer rate will slow down as his avg comes lower. so what does this mean for the 2ND HALF? it means a .320 avg from here on out or after the all star break. if you can get a .320 hitter with more history of consistent power (arod, pujols, teixiera, manny + someone, david ortiz) or 35 35 guys (which is basically only abreu), or shallow position elite guys (basically only tejada and soriano), then i'd do it. that's all im saying. i'm not saying be all active and desperate to trade him or anything, but i personally if i owned him i would be throwing out offers right now.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kingctb27 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:13 pm

Laean wrote:
GotowarMissAgnes wrote:

well, i expect him to finish this year with around .340 to .350 avg this year, and that means he's going to hit around .310 to .320 rest of the way. that's still good, but that's a huge drop off from .385 that he is hitting right now. if you can trade him for a .300 hitter with more history of power (manny), or power + speed (abreu), or shallow positions (soriano, tejada), i think you should.

also, keep in mind that derrek lee has around 50 runs and 50 rbis while hitting .385. there are plenty of players hitting only .300 that's getting 50 runs and 50 rbis right now. once derrek lee's average comes down, his runs and rbis are going to slow down, while the other players are likely to maintain that .300 avg all season. this isn't lee's fault or anything, it just goes to show how sucky the cubs lineup around him is right now. if derrek had been on the orioles this year and been hitting .385, i bet he'd have 60+ runs and 60+ rbis already.

lee's definitely a trade high candidate. not for anyone or a mid rounder of course, but if someone offers you a 1st or 2nd rounder, i'd consider it.

Exactly. If you can't get a 1st rounder for Lee, don't do it.
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby Laean » Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:21 pm

kingctb27 wrote:
Laean wrote:
GotowarMissAgnes wrote:

Exactly. If you can't get a 1st rounder for Lee, don't do it.

i'd consider 2nd rounders too like teixiera, but yeah basically that's the idea.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby scb175 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:29 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:d lee
c lee
hillenbrand
ensburg
rogers
brian roberts

If carlos lee slows down, i'd be very shocked. The guy always tears it up after the all star break. That brewers lineup will be interesting to watch, and could provide a lot of RBI's. Man, i'd buy Lee up right now and ride him to your championship. Keep him if you got him
scb175
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Laean » Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:39 pm

scb175 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:d lee
c lee
hillenbrand
ensburg
rogers
brian roberts

If carlos lee slows down, i'd be very shocked. The guy always tears it up after the all star break. That brewers lineup will be interesting to watch, and could provide a lot of RBI's. Man, i'd buy Lee up right now and ride him to your championship. Keep him if you got him

yeah i don't see any reason why carlos lee will slow down either. it's not like his batting average is significantly better than his career avg, his k/bb is on pace with his career avg, etc. i don't think he's a sell high candidate.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers