Vin Scully is great. Who do you like? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Vin Scully is great. Who do you like?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Vin Scully is great. Who do you like?

Postby reiser » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:19 am

I got the Extra Innings package this year, and by far my favorite announcer is Scully doing the Dodgers games.
reiser
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Surfs up » Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:51 am

I like him very much. Has a great voice for baseball. I just wish he won't talk every second of the whole game. Even the good ones take a second or two off.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 200)

Postby t2green2 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:57 am

I love to hear Vin talk about anything. I think he could make changing the spark plugs out on a 78 Pacer interesting.

He is the best in my book as well. Talk all he wants
t2green2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby orakana » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:33 am

Yea, Vin is the best, he can just talk about anything all night long and it has nothing to do with anything going but its still great. He's definately better than what we have in Cleveland but our local guys on the radio aren't bad, they just need to realize its not always game 7 out there.
orakana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:01 am

I like the Braves team on TBS, Scully just talks way too much for me. I can't stand Ken Singleton either, his voice just grates on me. The Orioles team is pretty good, and so is the Rangers.
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby EK711 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:23 pm

orakana wrote:Yea, Vin is the best, he can just talk about anything all night long and it has nothing to do with anything going but its still great. He's definately better than what we have in Cleveland but our local guys on the radio aren't bad, they just need to realize its not always game 7 out there.

LOL. :-b You mean Tom Hamilton? He'll make me almost wreck my car because of a flyball 30 feet short of the wall, but I love the guy. He just gets a little excited at times is all. ;-)

FWIW, Hamilton has actually won the Ohio Sportscaster of the Year Award 4 times.
EK711
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Apollo » Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:52 pm

I love Hamilton. If only everyone got as excited about the Indians as he does... maybe the roar of the crowd on a routine pop-up could force an error or two. :-)
Apollo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby myteamsucks » Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:38 pm

miller, kuiper and krukow
myteamsucks
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:45 pm

There is nothing quite like an inane conversation with ones self intermixed with the spewing of meaningless statistical drivvel.

Izturis is hitting .288 during Tuesday day games on grass in which the opposition starting pitcher had a hamburger for dinner the night before but only .175 when playing on turf in which the opposition pitcher chose chicken fingers.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby TheGrump » Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:49 pm

I also have extra innings and I love Vinn also. I usually hate guys who tell a million stories on each player, but Vinn is.... charming..
I also like SanFransico's announcers. Thier color guy is hilarious...

Living in Cincinnati, I wish they would just broadcast Marty Brenneman's radio call on the television too. I don't know why they don't. It would be way better than Chris "the crafty lefthander" Welsh and George "Its gonna beeeeeeeeee" Grand. Those guys are butt clowns.
TheGrump
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers