Why does everyone hate Tim McCarver? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Why does everyone hate Tim McCarver?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby WharfRat » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:16 am

Big Papi's Pimps wrote:He's also been accused of being bias towards the yankees. Even by his own partner, Joe Buck. In the last Yankee-Sox game they did Buck flat out told him that people hate him because he's always bias towards the Yanks. After he said it there was about 2 min. of dead silence. You could tell that McCarver was holding the cough button while he and Buck were having out right there and then. It was CLASSIC.

Wow...sorry I missed that. Take that you freakin idiot! ;-D ;-D Was that this season?
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Papi's Pimps » Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:31 am

WharfRat wrote:
Big Papi's Pimps wrote:He's also been accused of being bias towards the yankees. Even by his own partner, Joe Buck. In the last Yankee-Sox game they did Buck flat out told him that people hate him because he's always bias towards the Yanks. After he said it there was about 2 min. of dead silence. You could tell that McCarver was holding the cough button while he and Buck were having out right there and then. It was CLASSIC.

Wow...sorry I missed that. Take that you freakin idiot! ;-D ;-D Was that this season?

Yeah, it was during the series at the end of last month. It was HALARIOUS!!! They weren't even doing the play-by-play for awhile. And if it was a technical difficulty they would have apologized for it. Needless to say there weren't many more comments made during the game.

Side Note: What made this even funnier was the fact that Joe Buck is just as bad as McCarver. Only he'd bias towards the Cardinals since both he and his father did their play-by-play.

Pimpin' Aint Easy!!!
Big Papi's Pimps
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BobbyRoberto » Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:22 am

McCarver annoys the hell out of me because of his fawning adolescent schoolgirl crush on Derek Jeter.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:54 am

As bad as McCarver may be, I think Morgan has to be the worst. Besides horrible analogies and simple factual miscalls, he doesn't seem to quite have a grasp on the game.

Or how about the fact that he not only trashed the book Moneyball without reading it, but publicly boasted about how he was bashing it without having read it.

Being ignorant is one thing, but dude, bragging and being proud of it?
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bukoski77 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:27 am

Well being from Memphis, because Tim McCarver stadium sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is where the K.C. Royals AA (Memphis Chicks - Wow Wee Bo Jackson!!!) affiliate used to be anyway. Not that he has anything to do with it, but I paid for tickets to a MLB exhibition game between the Royals and Marlins there one spring about 10 years ago. The game was cancelled at the last minute because the stupid grounds crew left ruts every 10 feet in the OF after installing an irrigation system a few days before.

Thankfully, although we still dont have an MLB team, we now have RedBird stadium here in Memphis (Cardinals AAA team - Memphis RedBirds), which is better than a few MLB parks.

Ok, I have nothing to add to this thread, but its a funny thread. I thought I would throw out that the old stadium here in town named after him SUCKED!!!!!!!
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby reiser » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:17 am

Big Papi's Pimps wrote: Side Note: What made this even funnier was the fact that Joe Buck is just as bad as McCarver. Only he'd bias towards the Cardinals since both he and his father did their play-by-play.

man isn't that the truth...if you get MLB extra innings you will get SICK listening to Buck do the Cards games.

McCarver is just kind of a windbag, and every year means him and Buck during the WS. bleh. he and Morgan are fairly knowledgeable, but they really are from a different era of the game, McCarver in particular. I think Morgan is more enjoyable because Jon Miller is just a baseball treat, as close as the game has to a Keith Jackson.
reiser
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Transmogrifier » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:49 am

BobbyRoberto wrote:McCarver annoys the hell out of me because of his fawning adolescent schoolgirl crush on Derek Jeter.

That is definitely annoying. But is's a sign of a larger problem: He doesn't analyze so much as make stuff up. Like when the camera zooms on Jeter-- "he's so good because he's got such calm eyes." HUH? 8-o
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby DaQ » Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:08 am

The best line of the year from McCarver came during the Subway Series. The Mets were beating the Yanks with RJ on the hill and then Koo steps into the plate. Earlier that week, Koo took four pitches and struck out, and he was out the outer edge of the batter's box. So what does McCarver have to say?

"This is the biggest give-up at bat."

Literally .1 seconds after he sid it, Koo slammed a double to right-center and McCarver and Buck were arguing back and forth. :-b

Also, Buck was saying how Koo was "such a great baserunner" right before Koo scored on Reyes' sac bunt.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ultrazero » Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:23 am

DaQ wrote:The best line of the year from McCarver came during the Subway Series. The Mets were beating the Yanks with RJ on the hill and then Koo steps into the plate. Earlier that week, Koo took four pitches and struck out, and he was out the outer edge of the batter's box. So what does McCarver have to say?

Literally .1 seconds after he sid it, Koo slammed a double to right-center and McCarver and Buck were arguing back and forth. :-b

Also, Buck was saying how Koo was "such a great baserunner" right before Koo scored on Reyes' sac bunt.

That did happen, but I dont remember the arguing. I seem to recall McCarver admitting he was wrong. They were laughing about it.
ultrazero
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Big Papi's Pimps » Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:35 pm

DaQ wrote:The best line of the year from McCarver came during the Subway Series. The Mets were beating the Yanks with RJ on the hill and then Koo steps into the plate. Earlier that week, Koo took four pitches and struck out, and he was out the outer edge of the batter's box. So what does McCarver have to say?

That was funny, but you can't blame McCarver on that one. After his previous at bats, Nostredamus himself couldn't have predicted that one. But that double could the funniest thing in major league baseball since RJ blew up the dove with a fastball.

Pimpin' Aint Easy!!!
Big Papi's Pimps
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers