in a salary cap league, which would u choose to go cheap at? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

in a salary cap league, which would u choose to go cheap at?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

in a salary cap league, which would u choose to go cheap at?

Postby cubsin'05 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:25 pm

i am in a league with a 60 mil sal cap... and i am trying to decide which way to go cheap... would i be better off going with cheap catchers or at some other position??? any help would be greatly appreciated...

tim :-)
cubsin'05
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Box » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:29 pm

I think it'd be best to use most of your value on positions that arent very deep, i.e. 2nd, C and SS. Cheap value is always much easier to find in the OF and SP ranks.
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:04 pm

It really depends on the values at the poistions. However, using auction league values as a basis of comparison, it rarely if ever makes sense to spend on Cs. A Ramon Hernandez type or Barrett type is adequate. Spend on top tier talent regardless of position and worry about filling in on the cheap with good value. Top Cs (see Posada and VMart) are almost always overpriced in any format.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

in a salary cap league, which position would u go cheap at??

Postby cubsin'05 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:39 am

well, i found out that v-mart was overpriced the hard way, but i have gotten great production out of v-teck... also, i went expensive at 2b, only to end up with loretta on DL and get surPRISing production out of b-rob... so there u go, my season has gone with mixed results so far...

tim O:-)
cubsin'05
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Arlo » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:09 pm

Go cheap wherever you see a solid sleeper who you think can significantly outperform his salary. I don't think it's about position so much as it's about opportunity.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers