Attention Jorge Posada Owners - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Attention Jorge Posada Owners

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Attention Jorge Posada Owners

Postby AT » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:17 pm

It appears as if we're getting a personal catcher situation with RJ and John Flaherty. Everything I've heard from Joe recently indicates that he likes the team of Flaherty and RJ and he likes it as a way to get Flaherty some regular PT every 5th day. Here's rotowire's report...

Randy Johnson (P) NY-A - Jun 17
http://www.rotowire.com/baseball/player.htm?id=4954

Johnson pitched a complete game five-hitter with 11 strikeouts and no walks to beat the Pirates 6-1 on Thursday.

ROTOWIRE RECOMMENDS: "This could have been the best [start] all year," said manager Joe Torre on the Yankees' official site. "He had electric stuff, no question." This is two excellent starts in a row for the Big Unit; he appears to be ready to return to form. In a side note, John Flaherty has caught Johnson his last two starts, and Torre has indicated that Flaherty will catch Johnson again his next time out.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:25 pm

I don't own him this year but I always thought the whole personal catcher is a great thing for fantasy managers. Catchers take a lot of days off and with the backup being one pitcher's personal catcher you can start a replacement on that day.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby sammyfan711 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:28 pm

Thanks for the tip AT! I was sure they would DH him yesterday; he has been on quite the tear.

Victor Martinez used to DH on his "days off" last year. That was an ideal situation for fantasy owners.
sammyfan711
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers