weird league set up, weigh in if feasable - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

weird league set up, weigh in if feasable

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

weird league set up, weigh in if feasable

Postby great gretzky » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:21 am

I was thinking, I love roto, and am not too fond of h 2 h, but it has its place.

Is there a way to set up a 5.5 by 5.5 league?

I was thinkign a regular roto league, with the final cateogry being head to head would be a blast. That would keep botom dweelers in it, but be a nice way of rewarding those who pay attention ANd keeping the waivers fluid.

Basically, the last cat woudl be head to head record.

The one with the best record gets the most points, second best, the second most points etc.

Any site accomodate that?

YEa, some stats would be "double counted" but it would be pretty fun too. You couldn't trade for "record"

AND it would be fun because it would reward the teams that not only drafted for overall stats, but consistency as well. would it be worth taking 5 less home runs to take a guy who doesn't slump that hard?
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beltrans_boy » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:27 am

Sounds like an interesting concept, but the dynamics of such a league would be almost impossible to set up using any of the conventional fantasy baseball providers.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ocmusicjunkie » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:20 am

I've thought of this many times, only in reverse. I play mostly h2h leagues with friends... I always thought adding wins for roto standings would be great. Your idea sounds even better. I wish someone would make a site for it.
Help please:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1086524#1086524

Harden- 2.15 ERA, 7.61 K/9
Peavy - 2.89 ERA, 10.10 K/9

[b]Lets go Rich![/b]
ocmusicjunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby beltrans_boy » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:29 am

ocmusicjunkie wrote:I've thought of this many times, only in reverse. I play mostly h2h leagues with friends... I always thought adding wins for roto standings would be great. Your idea sounds even better. I wish someone would make a site for it.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Maybe add 20 wins for first, 15 for 2nd, 10 for third, 5 for fourth, and so on...or something like that. I think I'd prefer a league like that instead of the other way around.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Box » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:17 am

If anyone could do it, TQ Stats may be able to, they have a gazillion cats and keep scores in both H2H and Roto, no matter which one you use. If youre serious about this, I'd try contacting them first.
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RugbyD » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:24 am

very doable. my dad has been in a points league for years that does weekly h2h as well. the money is separate for each part, points getting the biggest payoff.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Return to Baseball Leftovers