Bartlett: How Soon We Forget... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bartlett: How Soon We Forget...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bartlett: How Soon We Forget...

Postby benjapage » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:24 pm

i remember hearing all this noise about bartlett in spring training, and when he won the job, we collectively peed-in-pants. then he stunk, and was sent down. just caught this blurb from last week's rotoworld:

Latest News Jun. 12, 2005 - 3:05 pm et
Jason Bartlett went 2-for-4 and hit his second homer for Triple-A Rochester yesterday.
Bartlett has been terrific over the last week and is now batting .329/.419/.466 for Triple-A Rochester. The Twins aren't looking to replace Juan Castro right now but maybe that will change next month.

somebody to keep eyeballed.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bartlett: How Soon We Forget...

Postby GiantFan666 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:49 pm

benjapage wrote:i remember hearing all this noise about bartlett in spring training, and when he won the job, we collectively peed-in-pants. then he stunk, and was sent down. just caught this blurb from last week's rotoworld:

Latest News Jun. 12, 2005 - 3:05 pm et
Jason Bartlett went 2-for-4 and hit his second homer for Triple-A Rochester yesterday.
Bartlett has been terrific over the last week and is now batting .329/.419/.466 for Triple-A Rochester. The Twins aren't looking to replace Juan Castro right now but maybe that will change next month.

somebody to keep eyeballed.

b

yep especially w/ Castro getting hurt tonight! It of course remains to be seen how bad Castro hurt his ankle
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby looptid » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:05 am

Ryan and Gardenhire aren't getting over their vetran fetish anytime soon. Even if that means starting two offensive black holes in the middle of the infield every night. The Castro signing was just unecessary. Nick Punto, Augie Ojeda, Juan Castro, and Luis Rodriguez are all slight varationis on the same Quadruple-A middle infielder.

What's worse is that if the White Sox weren't in first place, there is no way Barlett would have been sent down just 26 games into the season, but a 15-game slump at the plate and he's the sacrificial lamb, as if the Twins lot in life this season, or for the past three seasons, has or had anything to do with their middle infield.

I was really disapointed when the early reports said Castro would only be out for a couple games. I was hoping he'd be done through 2006 when his contract with the Twins runs out. But, it does give Ron Gardenhire opportunities to make himself look like an idiot, such as commenting on Bartlett's demotion that he doesn't care about players' feelings and wants to put the best team on the field, but then DHs Ford in favor of playing Stewart in the OF because Stewart complains when he DHs in spite of the fact that he is a horrible left fielder and has the worst arm I've ever seen from a major league outfielder to complement his below average range, while Ford came up through the Red Sox and Twins' minors systems as a centerfielder and is by far Stewart's superior on defense.
looptid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby savvy_stu » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:27 am

Looptid, all I can say is... word.
savvy_stu
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:46 am

Yea hopefully bartlett makes it back up here ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby SolomonKane » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:08 pm

castro was playing the best defense at shortstop in the entire major leagues.

I'd put a black hole in the lineup for that.

the double plays and acrobatic throws to first are great to watch, and one of the things that has helped the twins pitchers be successful.
SolomonKane
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers