HEALTH INSURANCE FOR DOGS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

HEALTH INSURANCE FOR DOGS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:07 am

When I get a dog I'll insure it for a million dollars and the tell it to play in traffic....j/k

i love dogs...Probably won't get insurance for it
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:36 pm

I had a pretty reasonable insurance policy for my two ferrets from this company:

http://www.veterinarypetinsurance.com

They insure any pet, they're very easy to work with, and you get a discount for paying annually and for insuring multiple pets.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:42 pm

StlSluggers wrote:I had a pretty reasonable insurance policy for my two ferrets from this company:

They insure any pet, they're very easy to work with, and you get a discount for paying annually and for insuring multiple pets.

I didn't feel like going through the QUOTE process but what do you think that it would cost for a dog and a cat??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:49 pm

I forgot to mention this:

It's actually cheaper to set aside money than it is to get insurance. I only recommend insurance to people who have small or fixed incomes, because it actually benefits their lifestyle.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:51 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:I had a pretty reasonable insurance policy for my two ferrets from this company:

I didn't feel like going through the QUOTE process but what do you think that it would cost for a dog and a cat??

If I recall, it's about $10 - $12 per pet per month assuming the pet(s) is/are healthy and middle-aged. The price goes down if you have more than one pet insured through them. The policy has a deductible, too, but you also get a free checkup per pet per year.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:08 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

If I recall, it's about $10 - $12 per pet per month assuming the pet(s) is/are healthy and middle-aged. The price goes down if you have more than one pet insured through them. The policy has a deductible, too, but you also get a free checkup per pet per year.

Good to know. Thanks. I have a young cat and an old greyhound. He still has many years left but they would probably break my balls.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Yoda » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:55 pm

I have a 3 year old pure bred Shih Tzu. Our pet insurance runs $35 per month and covers basically everything including cancer.

The reason why I have the insurance is b/c my wife would do whatever it costs to save him if it came down to it. I know a ton of people who have spent $5000+ on medical bills on their dogs. So when his time comes, the insurance will be able to cover most of the expenses.

Will it be worth it? I do not know yet. But the healthy risk is great for the breed especially when they get older and I'd rather know that we have something in place.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BigMusky » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:01 pm

If my wife put a Life Insurance claim on one of our pets, I would kill the damn thing for the claim and to stop paying for the insurance. If it is a show dog or used for breeding, then fine, but a house pet? Come on.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby BigMusky » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:04 pm

Yoda wrote:I have a 3 year old pure bred Shih Tzu. Our pet insurance runs $35 per month and covers basically everything including cancer.

The reason why I have the insurance is b/c my wife would do whatever it costs to save him if it came down to it. I know a ton of people who have spent $5000+ on medical bills on their dogs. So when his time comes, the insurance will be able to cover most of the expenses.

Will it be worth it? I do not know yet. But the healthy risk is great for the breed especially when they get older and I'd rather know that we have something in place.

does it cover this?

BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to General Talk