Edwin Jackson DEMOTED - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Edwin Jackson DEMOTED

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Edwin Jackson DEMOTED

Postby warrick95 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:19 pm

According to Rotoworld, Dodgers' pitching prospect Edwin Jackson has been demoted to AA Jacksonville from AAA Las Vegas. He's been getting lit up like a Christmas tree this year, but apparently has all the stuff to succeed. While he was near the majors at a very young age and he is far from a finished product (drafted as an OF), I must say that I'm quite surprised to see the constant struggles. It's not like he's been on and off; it appears like he's just getting nailed.

He might be the most disappointing prospect of the year (not including injuries). :-t
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:41 am

I think it is only disappointing cause everyone had such high expectations. After all the kid is still only 21, and didn't pitch full time until the minor leagues when the Dodgers converted him to a SP. Right now he lacks control (which the dodgers may have some hand in when they changed his delivery) and the knowledge of how to really pitch, things you can't do while your in AAA or the majors.

Early on in the season he had some good games, mostly away from Las Vegas (or as I call it AAA Coors). But eventually I think his confidence was shot down and then the promotion of Thompson instead of him evidently really hurt him from what I have heard. Honestly this is the best move for him, he is still young for AA and he gets to start over and get out of LV.

Personally even though I haven't been a big Gavin Floyd fan, he has disappointed me more then Edwin. While he is still young, he is a year older, hasn't been rushed nearly as much, doesn't pitch in a hitters league/park, and has a better feel for pitching. I though he would at least be posting some solid/average numbers.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:39 am

hopefully the move down to AA will help him... he is still young enough to become a valuable ML pitcher, so maybe the move down a notch will help him become more prepared for the games.... from what i have read, control not stuff is his biggest problem, so maybe now he can just concentrate on his control and not whether he will be promoted to the big leagues
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beltrans_boy » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:34 pm

"TINSTAAPP"

Baseball Prospectus is right.

:,-(
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Minor League & College Baseball