Return to Baseball Leftovers

P/O'd about Yahoo censorship

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby eftda » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:19 pm

Dude, chill out. Its just a game.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RJCarrot » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:05 pm

eftda wrote:Dude, chill out. Its just a game.

One that you stink at....

Dont leave dangleing trades... this is what happens.
RJCarrot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: In a clock tower w/ a high powered rifle in clear view of David Bell in the batters box.

Postby riverrat » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:32 pm

As for the hanging trade, you may be correct. But how long is too long? People dont always look at their teams everyday. Sometimes they just take awhile to consider it.
And what about fair play, which is what we're talking about.

And for those who think I stink at this game...I'm in 4 leagues and leading in 3 of those, 3rd in the other.

Anytime you want to go mano-a-mano just pick the league and let me know, you poopy-person. Is that clean enough for you?
riverrat
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby riverrat » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:47 pm

to eftda. You're right about chillin' and only a game. I've totally enjoyed fake baseball for the 4 years I've been involved with it. It should be about fun and fair play. I dont usually explode but if you're 'wronged', you defend yourself, unless you like getting stepped-on and taken advantage of thru-out your life. People will try to cheat and get away with what they can in this game and in life. Either you challenge them and stop it or you become a spineless worm and will be stepped on repeatedly. No to Just take it!!
Too heavy. I need a beer.
riverrat
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Re: ...

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:04 am

riverrat wrote:to eftda. You're right about chillin' and only a game. I've totally enjoyed fake baseball for the 4 years I've been involved with it. It should be about fun and fair play. I dont usually explode but if you're 'wronged', you defend yourself, unless you like getting stepped-on and taken advantage of thru-out your life. People will try to cheat and get away with what they can in this game and in life. Either you challenge them and stop it or you become a spineless worm and will be stepped on repeatedly. No to Just take it!!
Too heavy. I need a beer.

Ok, the guy screwed you. What is the use of swearing on a Yahoo Public League Message Board? I can see that you'd be mad if you had money on the league or something but that's just a joke dude. Sign up for another league....it's FREE.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 55)

Postby Madison » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:39 am

First, I wouldn't have left the trade up for "a few days". Two days is my max that I'll leave an offer up for. Helps to avoid situations like this one and the other owner gets an email that the trade was offered and also and email that says you took it off the table. The other owner will offer it back to you if he's interested.

Secondly, it's not a new Yahoo rule. It's always been there that foul language will be removed, and they can suspend your account for the violation.

Lastly, what good does it do to post a profanity laced tirade? All it does is make you look uneducated since any child knows a bunch of cuss words. Make your point known in an adult manner and you won't have any problems with Yahoo deleting your posts.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby thehat » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:50 am

I almost always talk trade via e-mail before formal offers are made. It's a better way to negotiate and it's safer as well, if for no other reason than the one that occurred here.

There's little question the other owner pulled a bush league move, but if you're playing in a public league you almost have to expect such behavior.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Apollo » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:21 am

I think it's funny that the complaint is about Yahoo's censorship. The real thing to complain about is the arse that ripped you like that.

You shouldn't have to worry about leaving dangling trades. An ethical manager won't do that to you, and we all like to think we're playing with ethical folk.

You can't say "It's your fault you got stabbed because you left an opening for him to get you," it's the stabbers' fault.
Apollo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers