So I just got blasted for critizing this trade... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

So I just got blasted for critizing this trade...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

So I just got blasted for critizing this trade...

Postby Steve-o » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:06 pm

Sheff and Justin Morneau for Pods and B. Bruney.

10 team 6x6 roto - guy getting Pods is in 7th place in steals and 8th place in saves (7th overall place). Guy getting Sheff and Morneau is in last place. I offerred K-rod and Taveras for Sheff and asked how that could possibly be a better deal?

Was that out of line? Or is that owner just a little touchy becuase he now regrets the deal? Or maybe I shouldn't have made public what I offered him?

Just looking for a little love...
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Redefine9d » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:16 pm

your trade is much better. i mean pods is great for steals, but bruney? come on. also, i think sheff and morneau is way too much to give up for those too. selling morneau very low.
Redefine9d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby phunkadelic » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:30 pm

What's your 6th cat in hitting and pitching?

If it's OBP, and holds, I would absolutely prefer Pods and Bruney over K-Rod and Taveras.

The only reason you're going to have Pods or Taveras on your team is for the SB. The problem with that kind of guy is that you're also missing out on the HR/RBI that another guy would give you. However, with Pods, you're baseically getting two Taveras on your team (2 times the SBs), while only giving up one roster spot.

That's not to mention the fact that Pods beats Willy in R, RBI, AVG, and OPB. And you never seem to know if Taveras is going to start forsure.

Yes, K-Rod is 10X the RP Bruney is, but if you count holds, Bruney will probably be getting some of those coming up soon enough.
phunkadelic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Steve-o » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:35 pm

phunkadelic wrote:What's your 6th cat in hitting and pitching?

k/9 and OPS. Which makes it even worse, IMO.

I didn't want to turn this into which trade was better, only that I thought it was unreasonable to have this guy bash me.
Last edited by Steve-o on Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:37 pm

You can't object to a trade just because a player wasn't traded to you. That's sour grapes.

The only reason to veto a trade is collusion or complete stupidity that threatens to ruin the league.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Steve-o » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:39 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:The only reason to veto a trade is collusion or complete stupidity that threatens to ruin the league.

Right. Never have vetoed a trade and never will.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:40 pm

Steve-o wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:The only reason to veto a trade is collusion or complete stupidity that threatens to ruin the league.

Right. Never have vetoed a trade and never will.

Smack talk and criticizing an owner's intelligence is all fair game. Just don't say anything about his momma. ;-)
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:58 pm

I'd also be curious as to your place in the standings vs. the others. The guy getting Pods and Bruney needs help in SB and SV, and is getting it while helping the last place team. Maybe he gets more help with KRod and Tavares, but he may be helping a team much higher in the standings.

Anyway, I agree that you may have offered more, but he may have preferred the deal that didn't help his competition.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby mwb743s » Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:01 pm

Steve-o wrote:I didn't want to turn this into which trade was better, only that I thought it was unreasonable to have this guy bash me.

Well I understand what you are saying, but if you made a post questioning him first, then you should have expected him to be defend himself. People see things different ways all the time. Being bitter about it is pointless. Probably best to drop it and move on.
Remember "I" before "E", except in Budweiser
mwb743s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: Al Hrabosky's Ballpark Saloon taking a leak in the urinal in front of the double sided mirror!

Postby Steve-o » Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:08 pm

mwb743s wrote:
Steve-o wrote:I didn't want to turn this into which trade was better, only that I thought it was unreasonable to have this guy bash me.

Well I understand what you are saying, but if you made a post questioning him first, then you should have expected him to be defend himself. People see things different ways all the time. Being bitter about it is pointless. Probably best to drop it and move on.

You are probably right.

For the sense of completeness here is the exact quote

Indians and beads...
by: Steve's team
Jun 16 8:55am
Well, I didn't want to be the FIRST to say anything, but frankly I agree with Dan. It's like Mike has some power over you guys. Last year was that awful trade with Pat, now this. Makes me wonder... (I guess the same could be said of my trades with Erik though)

How could that trade be better for you than K-Rod and Willy Taveras for Sheff? I don't know, maybe I am biased... Pods IS on pace for 80+ SB - 45 of which will be added to your team.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers