Is it time to give up on Beltran? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is it time to give up on Beltran?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is it time to give up on Beltran?

Postby Victor » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:18 pm

His stats are terrible now:
H/AB 62/222
R 27
HR 7
RBI 29
SB 1
AVG .279
OPS .772

I currently have him on my bench behind DAVE ROBERTS!!! I know many of you will be say that one must be patient with players like Beltran, but now I'm getting concerned. Is time to move him for what little I can get, or should I stick it out with him?

Has anyone read anything out there discussing why he has continued to hit poorly, even after his return from injuries?

Thanks,
Victor
Victor
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chuckles » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:25 pm

You can't give up on Beltran. His numbers are well below his numbers...otherwise I'd say they're pretty average. Don't give up on him, he'll make you pay!!! I'd say he's a good buy low candidate, but since you have him, you've gotta stay with him. He's like Helton is right now... :-t But don't give up on him!
If you can help:

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=313880

Thanks!!!

It's not the size of the dog in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!"
Chuckles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby thehat » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:30 pm

You're not going to get first round value for Beltran in a deal, so you simply hold onto him.

Personally, I think he's a great buy low candidate as many of his owners will be looking to get out from under. But IMO, he's too good a player not to explode at some point...and we've seen that when Beltran gets hot, he stays that way for a long time.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:36 pm

there is no way you can drop beltran and i would not really want to be trading him either, as you will not get near value for him.... i do agree with thehat though that he is a great buy low candidate right now..... but i would personally stick with him as that hot streak has to eventually come....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jetlag » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:56 pm

I have him benched as well , you just have to hope something goes click and assume it may take some time (like after the all star break) due to the quad issue.
jetlag
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RAmst23 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:26 pm

On this issue I'll state that I made a potentially moronic trade, in which I gave up Bobby Abreu for Beltran and Joe Nathan. I don't think you can sit back and call Beltran a complete waste of space yet. He's been hurt, sore, and aching for the beginning part of the season. I think he'll destroy NL pitching in the 2nd half, he has too much talent to sit back and not perform.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby ChoneJohn » Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:27 pm

he just a hit a 3R HR (and Pedro wasn't even pitching). Give him a little more time.
Go Tigers!
ChoneJohn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bronxxbomber » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:16 pm

you got to be kidding me! beltran is one of the 5 or 6 best players in mlb. i watch most of the met games and he's just been a little hurt [hamstring] abd he hasn't been his usual patient self. as his patience and hammy heal watch him go a tear. u just have to be patient ;-D.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Danimal » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:38 pm

Please, trade him my way. He's not THAT bad. Bench him and deal wtih it. He'll come around... :-/
Danimal
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby NY Yankees Fan 2004 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:10 am

They showed a stat on baseball tonight about how he is really a second half player. Last season at this time he only had 12 HR, now he has 8.. why annyone would trade him now when his value is at an all time low is beyond me
NY Yankees Fan 2004
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers