Which game to buy? MVP 2005 or ESPN 2K5 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Which game to buy? MVP 2005 or ESPN 2K5

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby LBJackal » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:10 am

I'd go for MVP. I have trouble scoring runs on All-Star but I rarely allow any runs at all so a run per game is all I need on offense. I think all my pitchers have ERA's below 1 (I'm the Marlins) and Ismael Valdes is by far my best pitcher. His ERA is about 0.20 I think with more K's than IP. And I think the reason I don't score runs is because I turned the hitter's eye off. It just seems too fake to me and I'd rather go without it.

A hint for pitching: Keep the ball down, change speeds, and the curveball is your best friend - as is the back door slider with 2 strikes on the batter. Any pitcher with a decent curve and slider can dominate on All-Star.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:13 am

MVP rules @$$.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 116)

Postby Nomar4prez » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:38 pm

LBJackal wrote:I'd go for MVP. I have trouble scoring runs on All-Star but I rarely allow any runs at all so a run per game is all I need on offense. I think all my pitchers have ERA's below 1 (I'm the Marlins) and Ismael Valdes is by far my best pitcher. His ERA is about 0.20 I think with more K's than IP. And I think the reason I don't score runs is because I turned the hitter's eye off. It just seems too fake to me and I'd rather go without it.

A hint for pitching: Keep the ball down, change speeds, and the curveball is your best friend - as is the back door slider with 2 strikes on the batter. Any pitcher with a decent curve and slider can dominate on All-Star.

Use the strategy I posted above to hit. I used to only score 2-3 runs EVERY game, but since I changed strategies the game is much more enjoyable.

To clarify, if your a right-handed batter, and you want to pull it, push the analog stick to the left BEFORE the pitch, and wait for an inside pitch. With two strikes, you'll need to just try to get contact. To me, this is more realistic since most hitters try to sit on a pitch when they're up to the plate. The other day against Kerry Wood, I got 20 hits, but only scored 6 runs :-P . Got the bases loaded 3 innings in a row, and didn't produce.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to General Talk