100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Chicago Cubs

Cry me a handful

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cry me a handful

Postby DieHardCubbie » Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:39 pm

From ESPN.com

Steinbrenner believes Red Sox got break this year

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Yankees owner George Steinbrenner criticized baseball schedule makers and complained his team is treated unfairly, The New York Times reported Tuesday.

“ I used to be for it, but I'm not for it anymore. It's too easy for discrepancies. ”
— George Steinbrenner,
on interleague play

The Boss is unhappy about New York's road trip this week, when interleague games begin. His problem: While the Yankees are in Cincinnati and Chicago, the rival Boston Red Sox play Pittsburgh and Milwaukee -- two of the three worst teams in the National League.

"I just hope we play well against the National League clubs," Steinbrenner told The Times in a telephone interview. "I don't think the schedule is fair."

The Yankees play three games each against the Reds and Cubs, who lead the NL Central. New York doesn't face the Pirates or Brewers this season.

"Katy Feeney makes the schedule, and she has never been a favorite of mine or a favorite of the Yankees," Steinbrenner said. "We play Cincinnati, which is a fine, fine ballclub; they're going to be in the middle of it. Then we play the Cubs.

"Now who is the other guy playing? They're playing against Milwaukee. Now what's right about that? They're playing Pittsburgh and Milwaukee while we're playing Cincinnati and the Cubs. I think they got the best of that deal.

"Bud Selig told me personally that he was overseeing the schedule, and that he'll see to it that it's fine. I used to be for it, but I'm not for it anymore. It's too easy for discrepancies," Steinbrenner said.

Feeney, a Major League Baseball vice president, said it is was impossible for every AL East team to play every NL Central team this year. There are five teams in the AL East and six in the NL Central -- plus, the Yankees play six games against the crosstown rival Mets.

Is there anything this *man* won't cry about :~(
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Phantom » Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:57 pm

Thanks for sharring this article about the crying game's biggest baby...George Steinbrenner..! I hate the Yankees with a passion..! To think that he feels that MLB is out to get him....poor ol' George....everything is not well in Yankeeland when they are not winning consistantly(meaning up by 20+games by now) he has probably the best field general in baseball(which he publicly denounces) and then he has to rip the schedule makers..? What a dweeb..I hope they (MLB schedule makers) stick it to George every year like this till his dying day comes....What would ol' George ever do if MLB ever takes on a salary cap..? Oh that would be icing on the cake.. Want to hear him cry even louder..? That would be the clincher :-D
The Phantom
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Mariner~Fan » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:11 am

He's a little cry baby boo hooo you've got one of the better teams in baseball and your still complaining. I mean come on Iit should be the Tigers who are crying
~*~VIVA LA MOJO!~*~

Hey I'm a Mariner fan my AIM is Billybob8999 if you'd like 2 talk!
Mariner~Fan
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Chicago Cubs