100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Troy Glaus to play some SS?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Troy Glaus to play some SS?

Postby AT » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:29 am

Troy Glaus (3B) AZ - Jun 16
http://www.rotowire.com/baseball/player.htm?id=5733

Diamondbacks manager Bob Melvin says that he has no problem in playing Glaus at shortstop if it's absolutely needed, the East Valley Tribune reports.

ROTOWIRE RECOMMENDS: "(Glaus') leg is a lot better, and his arm is not an issue any more. He’s a very athletic guy," Melvin said. "If I got into a pickle, I could throw him over at short. I’m sure he’d probably enjoy it."

Glaus did play shortstop in college at UCLA. Just an FYI for Glaus owners in one-game eligibility leagues, because the possibility exists that he'd move over to short late in a game if the D-Backs ran out of players, and it'd certainly help your lineup if you could claim Glaus as a middle infielder.

Talk about a dream eligibility...I have my fingers crossed...
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Troy Glaus to play some SS?

Postby decktard » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:32 am

Atrophying Testicles wrote:
Troy Glaus (3B) AZ - Jun 16
http://www.rotowire.com/baseball/player.htm?id=5733

Diamondbacks manager Bob Melvin says that he has no problem in playing Glaus at shortstop if it's absolutely needed, the East Valley Tribune reports.

ROTOWIRE RECOMMENDS: "(Glaus') leg is a lot better, and his arm is not an issue any more. He’s a very athletic guy," Melvin said. "If I got into a pickle, I could throw him over at short. I’m sure he’d probably enjoy it."

Glaus did play shortstop in college at UCLA. Just an FYI for Glaus owners in one-game eligibility leagues, because the possibility exists that he'd move over to short late in a game if the D-Backs ran out of players, and it'd certainly help your lineup if you could claim Glaus as a middle infielder.

Talk about a dream eligibility...I have my fingers crossed...

This guy is an injury begging to happen if they toss him in at SS. Not that I don't like him... but I find it hard to believe he could hack it long enough to get fantasy eligibility at SS in most leagues.
decktard
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mets4Life » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:34 am

It's only 5 games...I can only pray that he gets SS eligibility ;-D
Mets4Life
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby theskaboss » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:36 am

SS is my weakest postition...that would help so much to move him over... ;-D
theskaboss
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby EK711 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:37 am

I know Clayton looked pretty bad in the highlights I saw last night, but I really can't see Melvin being serious on this. If this is out of a newspaper article I'd like to see the entire thing to get some more context. Glaus just doesn't strike me as SS material. I for one highly doubt Glaus would play SS even if Clayton went down. Woudln't Cintron or Counsell make more sense?
EK711
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby AT » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:50 am

I know the Cafe takes everything literally and overly serious so let me take a step back and be blunt.

I don't think Glaus will make a good SS.
I don't think Melvin was serious.
I would love to have Glaus at SS, who wouldn't.
I doubt it's going to happen
I love decktard and the way he likes to beat up every one of my posts.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bd3521 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:50 am

You hear Giambi's moving to CF? ;-)
[url]http://www.footballguys.com/05vbdrevisited.htm[/url]
bd3521
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby EK711 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:56 am

Atrophying Testicles wrote:I know the Cafe takes everything literally and overly serious so let me take a step back and be blunt.

I didn't think you were serious, just more wondering aloud why Melvin was even saying this I guess. :-?

I found the article rotowire took the quote from, so here's a little more context:

East Valley Tribune wrote: WHAT IF . . .

Although Alex Cintron was available in a pinch Wednesday, Melvin was glad to be able to give him another day to recover entering today’s off day.

With Cintron down, pregame talk turned to backup infield options, and Melvin said he would feel comfortable with Troy Glaus — a college shortstop at UCLA — at shortstop.

"His leg is a lot better, and his arm is not an issue any more. He’s a very athletic guy,’’ Melvin said. "If I got into a pickle, I could throw him over at short. I’m sure he’d probably enjoy it.’’

Makes more sense to me after reading that. :-D
EK711
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby AT » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:03 pm

EK711 wrote:
Atrophying Testicles wrote:I know the Cafe takes everything literally and overly serious so let me take a step back and be blunt.

I didn't think you were serious, just more wondering aloud why Melvin was even saying this I guess. :-?

I found the article rotowire took the quote from, so here's a little more context:

East Valley Tribune wrote: WHAT IF . . .

Although Alex Cintron was available in a pinch Wednesday, Melvin was glad to be able to give him another day to recover entering today’s off day.

With Cintron down, pregame talk turned to backup infield options, and Melvin said he would feel comfortable with Troy Glaus — a college shortstop at UCLA — at shortstop.

"His leg is a lot better, and his arm is not an issue any more. He’s a very athletic guy,’’ Melvin said. "If I got into a pickle, I could throw him over at short. I’m sure he’d probably enjoy it.’’

Makes more sense to me after reading that. :-D

Yeah, I should've posted the rest of the article. My bad. Thanks for putting it up. I was just regurgitating the email that rotowire sent me. I'm just having a tough day at the office... !+)
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby decktard » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:14 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:I love decktard and the way he likes to beat up every one of my posts.

Jeez dude... I'm just bored and you happened to post the only 2 topics I cared about at the time.

That and you're completely wrong on both of 'em :-)

Kidding... I don't care. Just offering an opinion.
decktard
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers