So Walker finally gets a start - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

So Walker finally gets a start

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

So Walker finally gets a start

Postby Rance Mulliniks » Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:09 am

Sounds like Walker will take Gaudin's turn in the rotation against Baltimore (Gaudin has been sent down, Gabe Gross brought up). Since Gross is only up to fill in for Wells on the weekend, it will be interesting to see which pitcher the Jays bring up next week.

Also - did anyone catch that story on Dave Bush? I think Syracuse were playing the Braves AAA team. Bush threw a pitch between the legs of a Brave trying to bunt (apparently the same Brave had tried to bunt for a base hit in a blow out the night before which had angered the SkyChiefs). Anyways, the Brave took first base, just as he got there he charged at Bush (who didn't see him coming) and clocked him with his batting helmet. Bush needed stitches. No idea how long the Brave will be suspended for. Just more bad luck for Bush!
Mulliniks Watch: Still stuck on 1325 games 3569 AB 445 R 972 H 73 HR 435 RBI 0.272 AVG 15 SB
Rance Mulliniks
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:00 am

few people realize that our friend pete walker has an ERA od 1.08 this year and that's in 33.1 IP. 8-o guess that's what a year in japan will do to you. :-b

well..gaudin was obviously a disappointment...he did fairly well in his first start, but the lasy two. :-P i hope they give pete walker a chance...why not, right?

gross was hitting leadoff for the skychiefs batting .277 overall this year...but the best offensive so far for SYR, at least on the power numbers, is john ford griffin...13HR 48RBIs. ;-D

i didn't know about the bush incident in the minors... :-o :-t
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby Rance Mulliniks » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:42 am

I think the key thing about Walker is that he's 100% healthy this year. He's definitely been impressive in long relief and mop up work.

I think the Jays are hoping Gross will hit a little like he did in spring training - with a crowded OF and youngsters like JFG, I'm not sure where Gross would fit into the Jays' plans. Apparently Atlanta looked at him earlier in the year, so maybe he'll be part of some deadline deal.
Mulliniks Watch: Still stuck on 1325 games 3569 AB 445 R 972 H 73 HR 435 RBI 0.272 AVG 15 SB
Rance Mulliniks
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby go_jays_go » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:37 am

Rance Mulliniks wrote:I think the key thing about Walker is that he's 100% healthy this year. He's definitely been impressive in long relief and mop up work.

I think the Jays are hoping Gross will hit a little like he did in spring training - with a crowded OF and youngsters like JFG, I'm not sure where Gross would fit into the Jays' plans. Apparently Atlanta looked at him earlier in the year, so maybe he'll be part of some deadline deal.

Agreed.

About the Bush incident, he threw a pitch inside on this batter which gave the batter the walk, but the batter thought it was too close for comfort so he charged the mound and swung his arm with helmet in in hand, causing Bush to get hit in the head and started to bleed just beside the eye.

Then everyone came on.

And they lived happily ever after. :-b
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby reznorsboy » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:25 am

Moving Pete Walker to the Rotation just means they now have a hole at the long relief spot!! Unless he really excels as a starter I think they should leave him in the bull-pen.
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Toronto Blue Jays