ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:32 am

nice read CP. ;-D very funny. :-D

i love how he changes the channel if something goes wrong for his team...that usually doesn't work though...i've tried many times. :-b

Quick question: How has Willie Randolph failed to age in the past 30 years? The guy is going to be 51, yet looks like he should still be playing second for the Yanks. He is the anti-Otis Nixon or anti-Jim Wohlford.

:-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby Bukoski77 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:11 am

I have never been a big Klayman fan, although I guiltily read it all. I acknowledge he writes concise and well, but he doesn’t offer much if any perspective to help fantasy owners. I realize it is a very tough job to write a fantasy column.

Most fantasy columns either look at weekly matches for pitchers and hitters, prospects coming up in the near future, or potential FA players who could get unexpected value due to injuries and trades. Pretty much guys who write fantasy columns try and fill their stories with content that could help from newbies to advanced fantasy owners. The good ones back it up with statistics and constantly reply to their scrutiny and critiques.

Klayman knows baseball and writes well but he has just an average blog where he goes on rants about under performing players from his teams IMHO. I hardly ever see where he offers much constructive information that could help fantasy owners.

I can relate to his latest article though……………., I cant help but read about all content I can get my hands on including his. I just don’t look up to him from the fantasy perspective like I do MLB’s other writers, most of Rotoworld’s writers, and a few from Sportsline. He writes a good column but I don’t see it as anything tons of other people couldn’t do adequately.
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby MMoNeY24 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:46 am

Pretty good read, not helpful like Bukoski said but still pretty funny. I like how he was like "and ofcourse after the announcers remind us that Ausmus can't hit Glavine for the 56th time, he socks one in the gap." :-b

I HATE when announcers give you percentages against certain pitchers. If they suck against the pitcher, they're bound to get a hit and vice-versa.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:31 am

MMoNeY24 wrote:
I HATE when announcers give you percentages against certain pitchers. If they suck against the pitcher, they're bound to get a hit and vice-versa.

yes, the ole jinx... works everytime the announcer says that so and so is 0 for 19 in his career against this pitcher ;-D :-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers