Owner "accidentally" accepted my trade - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Owner "accidentally" accepted my trade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby thehat » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:55 am

pangbones wrote:

So I guess my question is did he tell you he screwed up? I would let him rectify this. If he didn't say anything about it, how are you to know he didn't really want to do it?

Read the second sentence of the original post.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nuggets » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:56 am

I'd try and "rent" his players for as long as possible. But give 'em back for sure.

"We've experienced some delays on the trading highway today as Vlade hits a few dongs for me" :-b
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RC » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:58 am

thehat wrote:Trade them back. I'm often skeptical of the so-called "mistakes" (I think it's guys just changing their mind after the fact), but this one is as clear as it gets based on the response.

I concur.
Like my Avatar?
RC
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dorje3 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:44 am

Cooner wrote:um, you're the commish. Don't you have roster power over everyone? Can't you simply allow the trade to go through without a waiting period, than manually switch them back? Then you don't miss Pedro's start, and there's nothing to worry about.

How can a commisioner manually switch them back? Can you explain this?
dorje3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby yellowdog » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:57 am

dorje3 wrote:
Cooner wrote:um, you're the commish. Don't you have roster power over everyone? Can't you simply allow the trade to go through without a waiting period, than manually switch them back? Then you don't miss Pedro's start, and there's nothing to worry about.

How can a commisioner manually switch them back? Can you explain this?

Commissioner Tools -> Edit Rosters
"It's like a full-body dry-heave set to music"
yellowdog
College Coach
College Coach

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:35 am

it is only fair for you to use your commish power to give the players back now... accept the trade and then manually do the trade back.... ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mbuser » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:24 am

in PLUS leagues, if you have the league protest the trade and list that it was accepted in error as the reason, the league office will veto the deal
mbuser
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby mkultra » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:11 pm

I had this happen to me recently on Sportsline, which has no confirmation page. :-t :-t :-t

I was typing in my rejection reason and accidentally hit return instead of tab, and it accepted the trade. Fortunately, cool heads prevailed and the commish reversed it.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby rainman23 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:30 pm

I don't know about Sportsline, but Yahoo's user interface here blows. The "Accept" button is exactly where you'd expect the "Send" button to be. (Not just my opinion, generally accepted gui-design principles.) There's no confusion if you immediately hit Reject, but if you're a conscientious manager who likes to explain WHY you're rejecting the trade, it's very easy to make this mistake. You spend some time writing a good explanation, go over to send it...and damn, you just accepted the deal you were patiently explaining didn't interest you. (Yeah, I did it once.) If they're going to give you the ability to enter comments at this point, they should definitely add a confirmation page after this. Is anyone listening at Yahoo?
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BritSox » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:38 pm

chadlincoln wrote:I'm gonna give them back to him, but I'm going to hold onto Vlad and Ortiz until the last day before I'll get Pedro for his next start. No use in me missing Pedro's next start and not getting power numbers from Vlad and Ortiz because of his misclick.

I think this is an excellent solution. For all that it was an honest mistake, he can't expect you to suffer for it. Might also remind him to be more careful without having a big effect on his team.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers