Owner "accidentally" accepted my trade - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Owner "accidentally" accepted my trade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Owner "accidentally" accepted my trade

Postby chadlincoln » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:06 pm

I offered Beltran and Pedro for D. Ortiz and Vlad. He accepted it, but in his acceptance message, he wrote "no way am I going to give up Vlad" so I know his intentions were to reject the trade. The thing is that it reflects the roster change on Saturday and I'm going to miss Pedro's start. I guess I can either...

1. Time it so that I keep Vlad and Ortiz until 1 day before Pedro's next start so I get the most out of Vlad and Ortiz.

2. Tell the guy tough luck because he accepted the trade in the first place.

3. Trade back immediately and oh well.

The thing that gets me mad is that this is the 2nd time he's done this to me this year, "accidenatlly" accepting my trade. I'm leaning towards not reversing the trade if it isn't protested by the rest of the league. I'm the commish and Yahoo is the only ones who can veto trades. What would be the right thing to do in this situation?
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thehat » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:11 pm

Trade them back. I'm often skeptical of the so-called "mistakes" (I think it's guys just changing their mind after the fact), but this one is as clear as it gets based on the response.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby go_jays_go » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:11 pm

You "accidently" pretend you don't know what he said :-b
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Steve-o » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:14 pm

I assume this is a Yahoo league since you said something about the comments. I had this happen to me earlier this year and the owner just posted on the message board that he screwed up and to veto the trade. I posted his comments on the board as well and the trade ended up getting vetoed so it wouldn't be reflected. Can you do something like this?

I would actually put the onus on the other owner to post something on the board, but I would also veto the trade. With you and the other owner you should be well on your way to getting it vetoed.

One note: My league is a private one with colleagues. If yours is a public one and you will never see the guy (or gal) again, plus this is the second time he has done this, you may want to consider ignoring him. I would probably be a good guy though and veto it.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby chadlincoln » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:16 pm

It is Yahoo Plus league and we set it up so that only Yahoo can veto a trade, so I can't do it.

It's a friends/family league so I'll see the guy again. Wouldn't be a big deal except for the fact that I'm missing Pedro's start.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby NY Yankees Fan 2004 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:17 pm

This happened in one of the leagues that I am commisoner of.. A while ago I offered a guy Ollie Perez and Helton for A-rod.
He wrote in his message"No way, I am gonna need more than that for A-rod" and clicked accept by accident. Than he wrote a message in the league saying that it was a mistake..

I vetoed the trade, I would do the samething in your situation and give him back his players.. If he wrote no way in the message than he clearly didnt want to do the trade. If he didnt write anything than later on second guessed himself and wrote a message on the league message board than it is a different story.
NY Yankees Fan 2004
General Manager
General Manager

Postby chadlincoln » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:20 pm

I'm gonna give them back to him, but I'm going to hold onto Vlad and Ortiz until the last day before I'll get Pedro for his next start. No use in me missing Pedro's next start and not getting power numbers from Vlad and Ortiz because of his misclick.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Cooner » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:01 am

um, you're the commish. Don't you have roster power over everyone? Can't you simply allow the trade to go through without a waiting period, than manually switch them back? Then you don't miss Pedro's start, and there's nothing to worry about.
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby thehat » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:03 am

Cooner wrote:um, you're the commish. Don't you have roster power over everyone? Can't you simply allow the trade to go through without a waiting period, than manually switch them back? Then you don't miss Pedro's start, and there's nothing to worry about.

That seems to make the most sense. Great point.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby pangbones » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:40 am

This happened to me in my league twice. I'm the commish and a guy "accidentally" accepted my offer to him. He called me immediatley after this and I posted a msg to everyone to veto. I did the same thing myself and immediately posted a msg again asking everyone to veto it. Accidents happen and someone sholdn't be screwed because of one. But if someone were to wait 3 days then say they screwed up that would be different.

So I guess my question is did he tell you he screwed up? I would let him rectify this. If he didn't say anything about it, how are you to know he didn't really want to do it?
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers