How Many SP Should I have in h2h league? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How Many SP Should I have in h2h league?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:32 am

kentx12 wrote:If ther eis no max innings pitched limit I try to get a good offensive player at every posistion and dont use a bench for any offense. I use all remaining spots for pitchers.

ditto this for me as well... i usually have no bench spots for a offensive player
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby swyck » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:16 pm

If you have no bench spots for offensive players, what do you do with the inevitable dings that can keep a player out for a few games, but dont put them on the DL? Do you just ride them out?

I probably have too many on my bench, 3 on one team. I like at least one mult-position guy especially for MI. It just doesnt feel like I have any flexibility without any bench offense.
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Steve-o » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:13 pm

swyck wrote:If you have no bench spots for offensive players, what do you do with the inevitable dings that can keep a player out for a few games, but dont put them on the DL? Do you just ride them out?

Depends on the matchup for me and who I can pick up. If I am playing a tough team, or am losing in some offensive cats, I will either drop my worst MR or the worst SP, especially if that SP has a bad next matchup.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jzfran » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:42 pm

Its a 8 team, h2h with daily roster changes. My bench is so stacked right now offensively. i play matchups to pick two of these 4 for util each day. Blalock, Eric Chavez, Furcal, Pierre. None of these guys are droppable. My Sp are screwed by injuries (Bedard, Prior) so now I only have 5 and Bedard is taking up a roster spot. i cant drop him b/c teams in my league often snatch up DL guys of FA and waste a roster space in doing so.
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:02 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:all depends on how your league is ran.

exactly. in a h2h i generally go with mostly pitchers on the bench and one or at most two batters. but it really depends on

a)the rules of the league
b)what the other teams in the league are doing
c)what the free agent pool looks like
d)what your roster looks like

a)if the stats are geared toward quality (like k/9 instead of k) then generally fewer pitchers are warranted
b)if other teams in the league have lots of pitchers then you may need to have more starters to keep up with them
c)if there are guys that are either batters or pitchers that are so good that they shouldnt be free agents then pick them up and sort out the mess later through trades or when one of your guys gets injured
d)if you have a small number of good pitchers and struggling batters you may need to keep some offense on the bench. conversely if you have strong batters and some weak pitchers you may need to add more pitchers to compensate.

remember, head to head is all about how you match up against the other teams in your league. you need to structure your roster based on the situations prevailing in your league.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby AT » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:20 pm

I also try to have as many SP's in my H2H league as well but it's not to say "Don't carry bench players". If there's a guy on your team or available in FA that is too good to be a FA you should keep him, for trade value, to protect you against injury, to play matchups, or in case he gets hot and you can sell high or use him while he's stroking it. The bat I mean ;-D
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers