Brown injured... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brown injured...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:10 pm

I could care less about Weaver. The biggest mistake they made was getting Weaver in the first place.

They could have Ted Lilly and Brazoban both on the roster right now.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 53)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:10 pm

Guess he needed to go with the tried and proven lame excuse.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:15 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:I could care less about Weaver. The biggest mistake they made was getting Weaver in the first place.

Amen. I could go into a bash Cashman rant about Weaver and Vazquez and Brown and Wright and Witasik and Hammond and Heredia and White and countless other stiffs...but it is too easy.

Oh...you can add in Damaso Marte on the guys he traded away.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby blankman » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:19 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:I could care less about Weaver. The biggest mistake they made was getting Weaver in the first place.

Ted Lilly wouldn't be that useful. He's just not very good.

Braz on the other hand would be perfect :-[
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby RynMan » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:20 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:

Amen. I could go into a bash Cashman rant about Weaver and Vazquez and Brown and Wright and Witasik and Hammond and Heredia and White and countless other stiffs...but it is too easy.

I'll admit I don't know alot about the trials and tribulations of the Yanks, and I'm asking this question out of pure curiousity (not intending to stir anything up), but is it fair to say that Cashman really isn't a very good GM? Seems to me like if anyone should take the blame for how the yanks are going this season - it would be him? Or is he basically the man that presses the buttons when told to do so by the boss?

Just curious....
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby blankman » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:24 pm

The Boss tells him what to do and he does it. Cashman wanted Vlad, but George said no, but George wanted Ortiz and Cashman and Co said no :-[

Cashman has made a bunch of bad acquisitions and some of them must be his fault rather than George's.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:30 pm

I am likely in the minority viewpoint, but I firmly believe Cashman is responsible for 80+% of the bad deals/signings that have gone down in the past few years. George was involved with the Sheff, Contreras, RJ, Giambi, Wells and Boone deals. Some worked some didn't. But those arging that George insisted on getting Weaver or signing Wright are grasping at straws imo. The Weaver for Lilly debacle was probably the most horrific trade in Yankee history leading to the Brown deal directly.

As an example of Cashman's cluelessness, Cashman was on Mike and the Mad Dog a month or so ago and got asked why he did not pick up the option on Leiber and signed Wright instead. He admitted it was a misread of the market on his part. What he never admitted though was that instead of being man enough to admit the mistake and give Leiber his 3/21M, he went out and compounded the mistake by signing a total clown like Wright. And why was Leiber's option not picked up...because he figured he could save 2M and sign Leiber for 2/12...it is really laughable.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby LBJackal » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:36 pm

Whoever decided to give Wright all that money - they're a moron. Maybe the problem isn't the players they're signing though, maybe it's Mel. Every SP they sign does great for every team BUT the Yankees. Weaver was lights out in Detroit, and has improved a lot since joining LA. Brown was great in LA, Texas, Baltimore, SD, Florida - everywhere he's pitched - and is crap in NY. Wright figured it out in ATL and stinks in NY. Same to some extent with Pavano, only from FLA. Vaz was awesome in Montreal, and is awesome again in Zona. What exactly does Mel Stottlemyre do? Or maybe not do for that matter?

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby reznorsboy » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:44 pm

There is no excuse for a team with unlimited money to suck this bad. The Yankees should have the best scouts and should be scouting in Dominican and Venezuela and be discovering good young kids and drafting them.
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:47 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:

Maybe you should have kept Vazquez, since hes doing ok. Better than Brown. Oh, and how about Nick Johnson. You haven't bashed him in a while. Maybe thats because hes got like an OBP of .450 and a .330 AVG?
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers