Hollaback girl song by Gwen Stefani - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Hollaback girl song by Gwen Stefani

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby davidmarver » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:35 am

Gwen's niche was as the No Doubt singer, where he sole job was looking good and hitting the melody, not writing songs or attempting to revolutionize teen culture. She's got a great voice and a good look, but she needs to learn that it was best used as a singer for a band like No Doubt.

Holla Back Girl is a terrible song. Absolutely pitiful. Rico could write better songs with a banjo and a kazoo.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sticky Spice » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:39 am

so0perspam wrote:
Sticky Spice wrote:
kingctb27 wrote:Very Funny coming from a 16 year old.

Sooper calls me immature, then calls out king on the above quote, then the post disappears. More at 11.

I was talking to acsguitar man.

Sorry SoOpy - could ya ever forgive me? O:-)
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 39)

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:01 am

My girlfriend likes this song.

She came home one day from work with a copy of the whole cd. I was mortified. But you can't just come out and insult someone's taste in music outright, you know? So Everytime she puts this crap on in the car, I ask her questions like: "Is she still married to that Kevin Federline guy?" or "Is this off the same album as 'Dirty?'" If I keep getting this crap "confused" with stuff she doesn't like (Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera, above), maybe she'll drop the CD in the trash where it belongs.

Though I don't know if it's the worst song ever. Perhaps that would be a good battle for the cafe. I'd nominate "All Star" by Smashmouth, "I am, I said" by Neil Diamond, and "McArthur Park" by- was it the Captain and Tenielle?
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby WharfRat » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:05 am

Absolutely Adequate wrote: But you can't just come out and insult someone's taste in music outright, you know?

No way, I do it all the time. My girl will try to throw on some Sarah McLachlin or Joan Osborne or something in my car, and I just say "Hold it, woman! WharfRat don't play that crap!!"
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:24 am

so0perspam wrote:
Sticky Spice wrote:
kingctb27 wrote:Very Funny coming from a 16 year old.

Sooper calls me immature, then calls out king on the above quote, then the post disappears. More at 11.

I was talking to acsguitar man.

Yes I'm so Immature god I hate myself. I'll go back to floggin myself in the back with a cat o nine tails and reciting my versus and praying for forgiveness.

Geez apparently Humor is just not wanted in the cafe anymore. Maybee I should be a stoic figure and just speak in one syllable words.
Yes do that I will....

Chill out Soop why do you really have a problem with me?
And as for the "Ban from the cafe" again a joke. geez...too many serious sams here....lighten up it'll make ya live longer ;-)
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby emb0lus » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:03 pm

WharfRat wrote:
Absolutely Adequate wrote: But you can't just come out and insult someone's taste in music outright, you know?

No way, I do it all the time. My girl will try to throw on some Sarah McLachlin or Joan Osborne or something in my car, and I just say "Hold it, woman! WharfRat don't play that crap!!"

do you refer to yourself as WharfRat in third person when you are with your girl? :-D

i was| | this close to posting how horrible this song was 2 days ago. how many times can you say sh@# it one song :-?
emb0lus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:45 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:...Though I don't know if it's the worst song ever. Perhaps that would be a good battle for the cafe. I'd nominate "All Star" by Smashmouth, "I am, I said" by Neil Diamond, and "McArthur Park" by- was it the Captain and Tenielle?

I don't know what Iam, I said is but the other two are definitly completely horrible.

All Star is really really bad....Well smashmouth in general...oh yea and McArthur Park pretty much is death to music
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby WharfRat » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:50 pm

emb0lus wrote:
WharfRat wrote:

do you refer to yourself as WharfRat in third person when you are with your girl? :-D

Always. :-D
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby so0perspam » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:23 pm

acsguitar wrote:Chill out Soop why do you really have a problem with me?
And as for the "Ban from the cafe" again a joke. geez...too many serious sams here....lighten up it'll make ya live longer ;-)

Yeah, because that comment was uncalled for. You're joking about banning him from the cafe and from manhood? I just don't find the humor in that man. Find the immaturity, but not the humor. }:-)
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:51 pm

so0perspam wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Chill out Soop why do you really have a problem with me?

Yeah, because that comment was uncalled for. You're joking about banning him from the cafe and from manhood? I just don't find the humor in that man. Find the immaturity, but not the humor. }:-)

Hey I ain't no holler back fantasybaseballcafe'r so yea!
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk