Hollaback girl song by Gwen Stefani - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Hollaback girl song by Gwen Stefani

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hollaback girl song by Gwen Stefani

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:45 pm

Worst song ever!

The little respect I had for Stefani has flown right into the toilet...This is quite possibly the worst song ever in the entire world!

HORRIBLE...This is the type of song that ends careers and gives people ear diseases.....TERRIBLE

What the heck does I ain't no holler back girl mean?

Even I the king of horrible grammer can't figure this one out.

I've heard it means Cheerleader, or Girl who wants to fight rather then just talk trash, or a booty call girl...I'm confused..

The rest of the lyrics are just as bad... I seriously rank this #1 on worst song of all time list...#1 I kid you not!

here are the lyrics edited to cafe standards.

Uh huh, this is my poo
All the girls stomp your feet like this

A few times I've been around that track
So it's not just gonna to happen like that
Because I ain't no hollaback girl
I ain't no hollaback girl

Ooooh ooh, this my poo, this my poo

I heard that you were talking poo
And you didn't think that I would hear it
People hear you talking like that, getting everybody fired up
So I'm ready to attack, gonna take you out
That's right, put your pom-poms downs, getting everybody fired up

A few times I've been around that track
So it's not just gonna to happen like that
Because I ain't no hollaback girl
I ain't no hollaback girl

Ooooh ooh, this my poo, this my poo

So that's right dude, meet me at the bleachers
No principals,no student-teachers
All the boys want to be the winner, but there can only be one
So I'm gonna fight, gonna give it my all
Gonna make you fall, gonna sock it to you
That's right I'm the last one standing, another one bites the dust

A few times I've been around that track
So it's not just gonna to happen like that
Because I ain't no hollaback girl
I ain't no hollaback girl

Ooooh ooh, this my poo, this my poo

Let me hear you say this poo is bananas (she actually says bannanas)
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
(This poo is bananas)
(B-A-N-A-N-A-S)

A few times I've been around that track
So it's not just gonna to happen like that
Because I ain't no hollaback girl
I ain't no hollaback girl

Ooooh ooh, this my poo, this my poo


GIve me a break!! This is complete and utter trash. At least in no doubt she was like the cool spunky hot chick now she is just a wannabe freak.

Please feel free to bash this song.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby WharfRat » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:59 pm

Haha, you know I had a feeling someone would start a thread about this song sooner or later. It is godawful. There's a quick shuttle that runs from my complex to the Metro every morning and evening, and besides always vaguely smelling like BO, the retarded driver always has on some dumb pop/hiphop station in the evenings that seems to have this song on a loop. I couldn't stop laughing the first time I heard it. I wonder what compelled her to spell bananas over and over again. :-t
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3056
Joined: 27 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Walking my fish

Postby Nomar4prez » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:17 pm

Were you expecting some profound lyrics that wuld change the way you view life? It's Gwen Stefani...she's found her niche, and I'm sure her fans will like this song.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2198
Joined: 25 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Red Sox Nation

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:22 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:Were you expecting some profound lyrics that wuld change the way you view life? It's Gwen Stefani...she's found her niche, and I'm sure her fans will like this song.


What is the niche for this song? Mindless teenage rich white kids who think they are gangsters and have no idea what they are listening to other then the fact that it is on MTV and they say its cool?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby LooseCannon » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:24 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Nomar4prez wrote:Were you expecting some profound lyrics that wuld change the way you view life? It's Gwen Stefani...she's found her niche, and I'm sure her fans will like this song.


What is the niche for this song? Mindless teenage rich white kids who think they are gangsters and have no idea what they are listening to other then the fact that it is on MTV and they say its cool?



I would have to agree with every word you just said. That is very true in our town.
Image

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4769
Joined: 17 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In leather chair surfing the World Wide Web

Postby Nomar4prez » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:30 pm

PujolsFAN321 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Nomar4prez wrote:Were you expecting some profound lyrics that wuld change the way you view life? It's Gwen Stefani...she's found her niche, and I'm sure her fans will like this song.


What is the niche for this song? Mindless teenage rich white kids who think they are gangsters and have no idea what they are listening to other then the fact that it is on MTV and they say its cool?



I would have to agree with every word you just said. That is very true in our town.


Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner!!! I didn't say I liked her music, but some people do.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2198
Joined: 25 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Red Sox Nation

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:42 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:
PujolsFAN321 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Nomar4prez wrote:Were you expecting some profound lyrics that wuld change the way you view life? It's Gwen Stefani...she's found her niche, and I'm sure her fans will like this song.


What is the niche for this song? Mindless teenage rich white kids who think they are gangsters and have no idea what they are listening to other then the fact that it is on MTV and they say its cool?



I would have to agree with every word you just said. That is very true in our town.


Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner!!! I didn't say I liked her music, but some people do.


Totally dead on. Teens eat this crap up because MTV shoves it down their throats. She's talking like a teen in the song, and that's the level of mentality you need to understand it. Still, I doubt there's much of a meaning to it.

At least in the 80s the songs were kind of meaningful. They may have sounded weird, but they had a point to them for the most part.

Just another example of the dumbing down of America. :-t
Image
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3455
Joined: 22 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Castle, PA

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:46 pm

who cares about the lyrics, the beat is $.
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:51 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:who cares about the lyrics, the beat is $.
ha
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Sticky Spice » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:52 pm

Forget the song, how bout the video :-D

I think she's great. She's one of the few artists that I see coming out with unique music that doesn't sound like everything else. She truly is one of the few that reminds me of the 80's when artists were free to experiment and find their individual sounds.

I hate it when people bring up lyrics to judge a song. I really place very little value on lyrics meaning and more to how the lyrics flow with the the sound and feel of a song. If you look at some of your favorite songs you will probably recognize that many of them aren't exactly poetry. Lyrics are overrated.

Gwen Stefani = fun character and fun music IMO including Hollaback Girl.
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe Musketeer
Posts: 1142
(Past Year: 38)
Joined: 17 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: At the bottom of the Ancient Cave

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: caphskat, unioreimi and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Apr. 18
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Cleveland
(2:20 pm)
LA Angels at Detroit
(7:05 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
St. Louis at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Miami at Miami
(7:08 pm)
indoors
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Seattle
(7:10 pm)
Atlanta at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Baltimore at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Arizona at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact