Doe Yankees Really NEED A New Stadium? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Doe Yankees Really NEED A New Stadium?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Did the Yankees really NEED a New Stadium?

Yes-It was too old.
48%
No-Lots of history, and it was in good shape
52%

Total votes : 48

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:13 pm

The Yankees definitely need a new stadium. People who think it's "nice" have never been there. Granted it's nicer than Shea but not by much.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:16 pm

Amazinz wrote:The Yankees definitely need a new stadium. People who think it's "nice" have never been there. Granted it's nicer than Shea but not by much.

No, lol it's much nicer than Shea. That's not really saying much though. They both need new stadiums.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:31 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
Amazinz wrote:The Yankees definitely need a new stadium. People who think it's "nice" have never been there. Granted it's nicer than Shea but not by much.

No, lol it's much nicer than Shea. That's not really saying much though. They both need new stadiums.

I wouldn't say much but that's just my opinion. Unless it's been changed since '03 when I was there last. The seating, eating area and bathrooms are pretty bad at both. The field and the park are beautiful, the rest of it is a dive compared to the modern stadiums.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:42 pm

The bathrooms, etc. are pretty bad but we'll agree to disagree on the park. I hate going to Shea. You can see right out of the back of the stadium into the parking lot. :-P
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby BabySitler » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:34 am

djack909 wrote:They are planning on using the same ridiculus field dimensions. As a life-long Bosox fan, I have allways thought the green monster was an abomination. They should have closed down Landsdown St. and ripped it down years ago. Baseball should be played on grass, on large symatrical fields, and with wooden bats. Doubleheaders on Sunday would be nice.

Oh, I disagree with this 100 percent... Stadiums should be unique. Have some personality...
"The Greeks didn't write obituaries, they only asked one question: Did he have passion?"

2014 50% off CBS http://cbssports.com/ref/49902950
BabySitler
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:43 am

Whenever every politician in NY is firmly behind something, you can bet your a** that it is a bad thing and corrupt to the core. This is strictly a money making enterprise for the fat cats and corporations. Geirge will make money, the politicians will make money, the Unions will make money, the Wall Street crooks will make money and buy most of the season tickets, the real estate people will make money. The only ones getting screwed will be the average fan who already can't afford good tickets. When the new Stadium is 95% season tickets holders paying $100 a pop or more per seat per game, how will this help the avg fan? When he can go he can get his 5 dollar hot dog faster with a nice view of the field from the concession stand?

There is nothing wrong with the current Stadium itself. It is the parking and road system into the place that blows. That can be dealt with independent of a new park.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Rkiivs » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:08 am

Are they bringing The Bat with them to the new digs?
Rkiivs Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Innovative Member

Postby WharfRat » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:36 am

Rkiivs wrote:Are they bringing The Bat with them to the new digs?

Good question, I hope so.

Yanks04: I kinda feel like the stadium is already tough to afford for a lot of people. A family of four going to a game has to shell out what, $150 dollars at least, just for tickets in the upper deck? I don't know that building a new stadium will have THAT much of an impact on ticket prices, which would be rising anyway. And the righ getting richer is pretty much the same old story, unfortunate as it is, and I think you can safely say the same about the current stadium. I hear you about the roads though, I don't know what they're gonna do about that mess.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers